• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts

A

Ayushdandia

I have three questions

Question 1 :when I store my contacts where does my contacts feed
Question 2 : if I reset my phone will my contacts be erased
Question 3 : my phone's internal memory is decreasing rapidly itself...I m not downloading anything..I have to delete my apps...how to regain or stop this..
Question 4 :will this problem can be stopped by resetting

Phone model is HTC Explorer
2 gb sd card
Airtel sim card
Country India

Question 1 :when I store my contacts where does my contacts feed
Answer: Your contacts are stored on your phone, and if you link the contact to your google account it will be stored there as well.
Question 2 : if I reset my phone will my contacts be erased
Answer: Yes and no, The contacts will be deleted from the phone, but if you linked them to your google account they will still be availible in the account. When you relink the account to the phone (or any phone) those contacts can then be saved from the account to the phone :)
Question 3 : my phone's internal memory is decreasing rapidly itself...I m not downloading anything..I have to delete my apps...how to regain or stop this..
Answer: This is tricky to answer because a few things can cause this, but since you said you aren't downloading ANYTHING, it would probably be the cache from the apps you run. Generally this data doesn't get too much larger than it does after running the application once. For example: the facebook app takes up space for just the app (about 17MB), but after you run the app it will create data of about 16MB, and cache of 3MB. Many apps will do this, because they will save both data and cache AFTER you run them at least once.
Question 4 :will this problem can be stopped by resetting
Answer: A factory reset would restore the phone back to the way it was when you bought it. If you redownload the apps and run them they will go back to taking up just as much space as before. If you uninstall the apps you dont use, that is your best option for freeing up space. You can also delete individual app data and cache instead, but they will be recreated when you run the app again. To do this go to settings, then application manager, scroll to the app you want (swipe to the left twice to see all apps listed if you don't find it), then tap the app, now scroll down to find the clear data and the clear cache buttons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones