1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Contacts

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Ayushdandia, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Ayushdandia

Ayushdandia Guest
    None
    I have three questions

Question 1 :when I store my contacts where does my contacts feed
    Question 2 : if I reset my phone will my contacts be erased
    Question 3 : my phone's internal memory is decreasing rapidly itself...I m not downloading anything..I have to delete my apps...how to regain or stop this..
    Question 4 :will this problem can be stopped by resetting

Phone model is HTC Explorer
    2 gb sd card
    Airtel sim card
    Country India

Advertisement

2. Calc

Calc Member
    None

The best way to backup your contacts is by synching it with a Google account, you can also export your contact (settings button in the contacts app).
    If you reset, burn a new rom, you get a clean slate.
    You may have a virus, have you been downloading from off-market locations? Try an anti virus scan.

3. insanelycool

insanelycool Well-Known Member
    None

May 30, 2013
    Male
    Computer Certification Instructor / Network Admin
    Question 1 :when I store my contacts where does my contacts feed
    Answer: Your contacts are stored on your phone, and if you link the contact to your google account it will be stored there as well.
    Question 2 : if I reset my phone will my contacts be erased
    Answer: Yes and no, The contacts will be deleted from the phone, but if you linked them to your google account they will still be availible in the account. When you relink the account to the phone (or any phone) those contacts can then be saved from the account to the phone :)
    Question 3 : my phone's internal memory is decreasing rapidly itself...I m not downloading anything..I have to delete my apps...how to regain or stop this..
    Answer: This is tricky to answer because a few things can cause this, but since you said you aren't downloading ANYTHING, it would probably be the cache from the apps you run. Generally this data doesn't get too much larger than it does after running the application once. For example: the facebook app takes up space for just the app (about 17MB), but after you run the app it will create data of about 16MB, and cache of 3MB. Many apps will do this, because they will save both data and cache AFTER you run them at least once.
    Question 4 :will this problem can be stopped by resetting
    Answer: A factory reset would restore the phone back to the way it was when you bought it. If you redownload the apps and run them they will go back to taking up just as much space as before. If you uninstall the apps you dont use, that is your best option for freeing up space. You can also delete individual app data and cache instead, but they will be recreated when you run the app again. To do this go to settings, then application manager, scroll to the app you want (swipe to the left twice to see all apps listed if you don't find it), then tap the app, now scroll down to find the clear data and the clear cache buttons.