• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Control Pad and Emulators

scootmcdoot

Jul 23, 2011
Ohio
Hello All. Santa will be delivering an Acer this year and he was curious about all emulators. I would love to introduce my brats, I mean kids, to the wonderful world of games that I grew up with. Atari 2600, 5200, nes and snes (you get the point) and I need a starting point. I have a couple of .apk's from my phone will that do, or are there better emulators I can use for this tablet?
Also, I was curious about getting some sort of control pad. Any suggestions? Thanks all and have a Very Merry Christmas.

hi , lol i love ur post as i would be happy with a dad like you,.

i just got this tab as a christmas prez meself and im fecking luving it ode to my mum :D gave her a big christmas hug this year lol

it practically replaces my dell inspiraon laptop im watch the big bang theory online right now lol FLASH OMG

for the emulators the problem is ive been on the forums with my other devices and i know for experience we cant chat or link you to any emulators or roms for free as they are paid apps, so seen as piracy/warez, so know one here can even though itching to can help you,

ON A TOTALLY DIFFERENT NOTE' ill pm you my email, apon request

trust me your kids are lucky to have a dad like you.

Upvote 0
I use an official xbox wired controller or a ps3 controller with the usb cable for my retro gaming needs. both work on the tablet as soon as they are plugged in, you can even move around and select your apps on the home screens. One emulator did not recognise my triggers on the xbox pad but had no problems with the PS3 one. I tried to connect the xbox pad and the PS3 pad at the same time but it did not play nice seemed to see both pads as 1 input device. I have heard if you root you can connect a PS3 pad via bluetooth and also use a wired pad to play 2 player. Some retro gaming apps are all ready set to work with wii controllers via bluetooth (unrooted) so a wii pad with classic controller plugged in should see you good.
The xbox controller works with the onlive! app for your more uptodate gaming needs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones