• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Conversation Recording

LS1

Apr 12, 2010
Is there a decent app available for recording telephone conversations? I'm a medical writer, and part of my job is to interview physicians and record the conversations. When I'm away from my desk, I usually accomplish this by conducting the interview on speakerphone and utilizing a traditional voice recorder. It'd be MUCH better to be able to record the call and then transfer an MP3 of the recording to my laptop.

Thanks.

PS - I'm aware of the legal issues, and I always notify my participants that they are being recorded in writing and at the onset of the call, thanks.

I've been looking for a decent app like this for months. The issue is phone-dependent. Motorola Droid has call recording of any sort disabled in hardware; hence my decision to upgrade to the Incredible. vRecord is the only app I've found so far that works, but I believe it records only through the microphone. Although you can hear both sides of the conversation (barely), your own voice is much much louder than the other party's. Speakerphone helps, but also reduces quality.

I also use google voice routinely, but its call recording option only works for incoming calls, and sometimes doesn't work at all (I'll keep pushing 4 during the call, with no results). CallRec was an awesome app for Palm devices, and it worked flawlessly with great quality. Many times I miss my old Palm, but the Android advantages outweigh this one issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones