• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coolest feature you've found?

i dunno what else to tell ya. i just drag my notification bar down, and while the drawer is open, i tap the clock in the very top right corner. doesnt work when the drawer is closed though.
Okay okay so i'll drag down the notification draw and where all my quick options are (sync, driving mode etc) i tap the little clock on the top right?

Upvote 0
Um, yeah, but that is really insecure, anyone will be able to play with my phone than :-(.

How secure do you need a phone to be? Mine is in my pocket or I am using it. I don't see how someone could sneak into my pocket to play with my phone without me knowing. Do you leave yours unattended at the local bar?

I don't get the whole enter a code every time I wake my phone up mentality.

Upvote 0
How secure do you need a phone to be? Mine is in my pocket or I am using it. I don't see how someone could sneak into my pocket to play with my phone without me knowing. Do you leave yours unattended at the local bar?

I don't get the whole enter a code every time I wake my phone up mentality.

I agree.

I just have an alarm that sounds very loud when my phone is picked up. I did originally put this on so I know when my one year old son gets hold of my phone :D

Upvote 0
Here is one that I'm sure 99.99999999% of you know about as it's very basic. I just never used it before so I did not know about it. The 6 dots on the home screen and the dots on the app menu... hold your thumb or finger on them for a moment. You can then slide back and forth to quickly few all of the screens. This is nice if you have several widgets on the home screens and want to look at them all quickly.

Upvote 0
wait wait whattt how do i do that?

Your TV has to be equipped with DLNA, and connected to your home network. Phone must also be on wifi. While playing the video in the Video Player app on your phone, at the top left of the screen is an icon that is present if it detects other DLNA deivces on your home network. Click on the icon, and choose the device you want to play the video on. As a note, this will also work on computers and laptops that are on the network that have media sharing/DLNA middle ware on it.

Upvote 0
best thing for me is sending videos to tv via shared wifi... love it

I have a Phillips HD TV but its not an internet TV. However I have a Sony streaming box hooked up to it. This does not allow full internet access only Sony services, Lovefilm and Iplayer. So I was not expecting to be able to use this feature. I just turned the TV and the Sony box on and then started to play a film on my phone (using the Samsung player). I then tapped the top left corner of the screen and within a second the film was perfectly playing on the TV in full HD glory. Wow, awesome, try doing that with an Iphone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones