• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Copilot Live: getting better!

ianr

Android Enthusiast
Aug 7, 2009
Wotcher all, as an early purchaser of Copilot Live I've regularly slagged it off, but I've been using the newest version recently and have to say it's actually improving! You can pinch-zoom on the map and the map is much more responsive now, as are all the controls, so it feels much more useable than it used to. Unfortunately it also crashes when Car Mode is activated by my Google cradle on the Nexus One so not quite there yet ;-)

If you've bought it and have stopped using it in favour of Google Navigation like I did, might be worth having another look. It still doesn't read in starred items from google maps or navigate to contacts, so still a bit crap on that front, but I think it's better than google navigation once you've got the route programmed in, which is much easier now.

It's still got plenty of annoyances (e.g. no app-to-SD support, doesn't show your position when viewing the map, no contacts or starred item support) but overall it's looking hopeful.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones