• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help copying from old to new SD

You can go to the sd card which would be external memory. You can copy... hold finger on 1 file. Do select all then copy. Then go back..STAY INSIDE YOU'RE FILE MANAGER ! The go to internal storage and paste it there. It won't delete the other files... Just in case it don't work first time. After you paste in internal memory. Unmount sd card then install new one and REVERSE ! Go to file manager... Internal storage then COPY THOSE FILES N PASTE IN NEW SD CARD

Reactions: javamann
Upvote 0
Or, if your micro-sD has an adapter, eject or umount the old sD from the phone without deleting it's files, then with it in it's adapter, plug into your computer and remove the files to your desktop. Eject the old, now empty, sD, then put the new one in and load those files into it.

I did this using my Mac and it worked flawlessly. Before loading, I saved a copy of each file to the Mac documents. Then all the files were saved on my Mac, and on the new sD, which was inserted and loaded into the phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: forresterchristie
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones