• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Corporate Email Sync - Unable to play attached WAV files

I recently dropped the horrorshow application that was Nitrodesk TOUCHDOWN in favor of the native Corporate Sync (which runs MUCH faster and doesn't hang the entire system, especially now on Gingerbread!). This is a TREMENDOUS improvement in email client since 2.2 (Froyo), however there is a major drawback, and I'm not sure if it comes from a limitation of Corporate Sync in general, or if it was the one thing that Touchdown was good at: PLAYING ATTACHED WAV FILES.

I get all of my voicemails attached as WAV files, and previous to this change, it downloaded attachments just fine and played them perfectly. Now, however, it downloads just fine, but when I click on the attachment, it says FILE TYPE UNSUPPORTED and saves the file to the /messaging folder on the SDCard instead. If I open a file explorer and browse out to this folder, the WAV file will play with the native droid music player as well as the other player that I have installed MixZing. I went to MixZing, which was the default player when I was using Touchdown, and clicked CLEAR DEFAULTS, and that STILL didn't do it. I even went so far as to make the default Droid music player the default again and I STILL get UNSUPPORTED FILE. However, I do not believe that it has anything to do with encoding because BOTH players play the attachments just fine, just NOT unless I play them outside of the email program.

This is very baffling, especially since this worked when I was using Touchdown. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Get the APP remote wave! works perfecto!!!

No joy...I ended up having to re-install TOUCHDOWN in order to get VM's inline. I have (2) other Droids in my office running my EXACT configuration and we all have the same issue:

- SBF'd back to .340
- Rooted with z4
- Installed part1 and part2 of rooted Gingerbread .596 from BlackHat (official rooted)
- Setup corp sync - NO JOY on VMs, ALTHOUGH we can SAVE the VM attachment and open them with file explorer programs just fine. In both cases we tried opening with Remote Wave as well as opening in GOOGLE MAIL first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones