• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root corrupt files flashing 10.2

rizzla

Jul 18, 2009
London, UK
I'm trying to update from Villian 5.3 to 10.2

But keep getting E:corrupt file messages and E:verification failed

i followed the tutorial that's how i was able to do 5.3, but don't matter how many times i download it 10.2 just keeps coming up with the same message when i try to flash it, usual the file it claims is corrupted is different for different downloads, never had this before with any flashing i've done.

full wipe and everything, how do you check the full file size is complete?

Got 10.1 installed but that now just freezes up after doing the callfix update from the updater.

My have to wipe again, just want to get this one done so i probably wont have to flash another.

edit. reflashed and updated callfix+google app fix with the the updater and all is good in the world on 10.1 with those updates. just friend stream is missing. Anyone know if that's going to be available via the OTA update?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones