1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Corrupted System.img

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Subodh Sharma, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Subodh Sharma

Subodh Sharma Lurker

hi

I have ASUS Zenfone4 A400CG. I flashed a new system.img and ended up with corrupted system.
    The device bootloader is Locked. tried the following
    • try fastboot update NewRelease.zip ---- the fastboot reported missing android-info.txt and android-pakg.txt.
    • try create a system.img with files from NewRelease.zip and flash it --- didn't help. might be i am not doing it right.
    • try starting recovery boot ---- Unlocked DROIDBOOT won't let it start.
    So do I have any options left. So if anyone has any suggestions for me please put them up.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Welcome to our AndroidForums, @Subodh Sharma, but sorry it's under these circumstances :(.

We do have a Asus Zenfone 4 area (and it's companion root area) for you to review and post in to see if the folks in there can assist you.

There is also a Zefone 4 area over at XDA that might also be of help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/zenfone-4

Best of luck!

P.S. / edit: I'm actually going to move your thread over to the Zenfone 4 root area for you.

Cheers!

codesplice likes this.

ASUS Zenfone 4 Forum

The ASUS Zenfone 4 release date was October 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Snapdragon 630 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

October 2017
Release Date
Reviews