• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Couple quick questions (how original) =]

tommy_ed

Android Expert
Feb 26, 2010
hey guys, I'm thinking about rooting my eris tonight, and have a couple inquiries:

the main reason I am wanting to root is to overclock my processor. I just cant stand the eris' lag any longer. Will overclocking fix the lag problem?

I'm on 2.1 OTA, is there any preference to a certain ROM or way of rooting I should know about? I've never rooted before so this is going to be a new experience for me

thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge! :)

Its not just Ocing that will help speed up your phone, its also the roms that have all the crap tossed out of them that help speed it up too. Plus if theres stuff you dont like in a rom you decided to flash, you can always remove even more, non root doesnt allow you to remove that much and most likely why the stock roms are so laggy.

Reactions: tommy_ed
Upvote 0
I would go into the irc chat while doing it. They helped me out greatly when I would get to a point i did not understand.
I am using lightning and it is fast, looks good if you like red, and has been free from any problems I had when I was running the leaks. (please do not take my post the wrong way. I received a new replacement phone, that was running 1.5, due to hardware issues. I did not achieve root while on a leak.)

Upvote 0
I would go into the irc chat while doing it. They helped me out greatly when I would get to a point i did not understand.
I am using lightning and it is fast, looks good if you like red, and has been free from any problems I had when I was running the leaks. (please do not take my post the wrong way. I received a new replacement phone, that was running 1.5, due to hardware issues. I did not achieve root while on a leak.)

Reactions: tommy_ed
Upvote 0
just use the eris master app. stickied at top of page. makes root super easy. just download the app, then grab the update file here: http://ema.lostsync.net/Eris_Master_App.exe and replace the old file with the new one.

I would like to root as well and i have been reading and post and yours seems to be the easiest. I am a little lost on what app you are referring to with you say just download the app (and how to download it), then grab the update file here???

Upvote 0
I would like to root as well and i have been reading and post and yours seems to be the easiest. I am a little lost on what app you are referring to with you say just download the app (and how to download it), then grab the update file here???

deslovedroid,

Unfortunately, the Eris Master Application is currently unavailable. See this post from Eclipse3 regarding this: http://androidforums.com/all-things...ris-master-application-r00t-2.html#post939955

You can still do it "manually" :D if you so choose by following this guide: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/53963-guide-stock-1-5-latest-root-2-1-a.html

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones