• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Crackling speaker sound

AdiA

Jun 28, 2022
So when I go to Google Translate on Chrome app and translate from any language to any and press the speaker to hear how it's pronounced, this crackling sound comes out. How to fix that? Only happens in Chrome!

Attachments

• VID-20220623-WA0007_1.mp4
    4.9 MB · Views: 85
Just use another browser.
First of all, Chrome is garbage at best- and nefarious spyware at its worst.

Use any browser that uses Android System Webview as the webview, and be sure to check the webview setting in developers options- Google has a nasty habit of making Chrome the webview!
(In my mind that means that Google is using Chrome to monitor everything you do online.)

Sometimes Chrome must be disabled in order for you to be able to change the webview app, and this also leads me to not trust Chrome or Google even more.

Lightning is an excellent browser, much faster and able to be more secure.

You can access Translate from the Google homepage, there is no need for any extra app at all.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/acr.browser.lightning/

Upvote 0
Just use another browser.
First of all, Chrome is garbage at best- and nefarious spyware at its worst.

Use any browser that uses Android System Webview as the webview, and be sure to check the webview setting in developers options- Google has a nasty habit of making Chrome the webview!
(In my mind that means that Google is using Chrome to monitor everything you do online.)

Sometimes Chrome must be disabled in order for you to be able to change the webview app, and this also leads me to not trust Chrome or Google even more.

Lightning is an excellent browser, much faster and able to be more secure.

You can access Translate from the Google homepage, there is no need for any extra app at all.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/acr.browser.lightning/
‍♂️ I got used to it. Password manager is a big go for me there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones