• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Craig tablet cmp741e

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
Hello there and welcome to the forums!

First thing I would try is with the tablet turned on hold the power button down for 10 seconds if not more. That should/might start a reset. Second thing if that doesn't work then power the tablet off and when it is off(not sleep mode) push the power button + volume down. That should put you into Recovery. You'll know if you see the Android laying down in the middle of the screen. Use the volume up and down to pick your options and the power button is now the enter key. Press volume up or down until you see "Recovery" and then press the power button.

Upvote 0
After researching your device pretty thoroughly,there is no clear answer on how to enter recovery mode for this device. Many users online are asking the same question as you. There also appears to be a major issue with the downloadable update provided by Craig that will turn this device into a brick if used. I suggest contacting Craig directly by using the telephone number provided on their customer contact page here Craig Electronics Inc.. Craig from what I can find online does have another update that is downloadable that does not brick the device but it isnt linked on provided page. A customer rep from the company can link you to that download via email so you can move the update to your sdcard for install. It appears this device will detect the update on root of sdcard and begin the upgrade. While there is no clear idea on how to enter stock recovery..installing the proper update will reset the device without the forgotten lock code in place. That will get your device usable again. Give Craig a call and they can walk you through the process. Hope this helps out. :)

Reactions: halon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones