• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SamBoss123

Lurker
Jun 8, 2023
I have a Nokia c100 that has a pattern lock. I need to be able to get in to the phone or hard reset. data preservation not necessary. I tried using the boot loader (holding down power/volume up or/and down, all combinations), nothing. All I got was a small white “fast boot mode” on bottom left of screen. Is this phone trash unless you know the code? I’ve seen a few videos saying it’s impossible, but wanted to see what other people think.
Thanks for all the help!
-Sam

I have a Nokia c100 that has a pattern lock. I need to be able to get in to the phone or hard reset. data preservation not necessary. I tried using the boot loader (holding down power/volume up or/and down, all combinations), nothing. All I got was a small white “fast boot mode” on bottom left of screen. Is this phone trash unless you know the code? I’ve seen a few videos saying it’s impossible, but wanted to see what other people think.
Thanks for all the help!
-Sam
you need to select recovery mode, once your are in fastboot mode. in recovery mode you can then select factory data reset.

Upvote 0

Attachments

• IMG_0592.jpeg
    IMG_0592.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 0
Stop wasting time trying to do a Factory Reset to bypass the Lock screen. When you set up your lock screen pattern, that was saved within the installed Android operating system on your Nokia C100. It was not saved in your user account stored in your phone.
Note that with Android, there's a clear distinction between the OS and the user account.
The internal storage inside your phone is divided into several separate partitions. Most are dedicated solely to the operating system and are protected and restricted by system-level permissions. One partitions is set aside as a general, user data partition. That user data partition is not protected and only has user-level permissions.
And that has a lot of relevance to your situation. A Factory Reset only wipes that user data partition clean, it does nothing to any of those system partitions. So doing a Factory Reset wipes off your saved user account data, but again that isn't where the Lock screen config data is stored. You need to focus on actual problem, reloading the existing Android OS with a 'clean' version. With Android that's commonly referred to as flashing the ROM or flashing the firmware. Flashing the stock ROM will result in an OS that has no lock screen enabled.

Does your Nokia C100 have an unlocked bootloader?

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
So after I hold down the power button and volume down I get this
Stop wasting time trying to do a Factory Reset to bypass the Lock screen. When you set up your lock screen pattern, that was saved within the installed Android operating system on your Nokia C100. It was not saved in your user account stored in your phone.
Note that with Android, there's a clear distinction between the OS and the user account.
The internal storage inside your phone is divided into several separate partitions. Most are dedicated solely to the operating system and are protected and restricted by system-level permissions. One partitions is set aside as a general, user data partition. That user data partition is not protected and only has user-level permissions.
And that has a lot of relevance to your situation. A Factory Reset only wipes that user data partition clean, it does nothing to any of those system partitions. So doing a Factory Reset wipes off your saved user account data, but again that isn't where the Lock screen config data is stored. You need to focus on actual problem, reloading the existing Android OS with a 'clean' version. With Android that's commonly referred to as flashing the ROM or flashing the firmware. Flashing the stock ROM will result in an OS that has no lock screen enabled.

Im not familiar with what a unlocked bootloader it. I’m trying to get to the boot loader (I think), in order to reset the phone. What’s the difference between a bootloader and a fast boot? I probably sound kinda dumb, sorry.
Thanks a ton

Upvote 0
In Android, the bootloader is a minuscule utility that your phone uses every time you do a cold start it. The bootloader by default will just automatically choose to start loading parts of the installed Android operating system as part of the typical startup process. If there's something wrong with the OS (i.e. it gets damaged or corrupted) than the bootloader might opt to start your phone up into its Recovery or its Download mode. You can manually choose to boot up into Recovery or Download mode with most phones when necessary.
So the bootloader is probably 'locked', preventing you from being able to do something like flashing the ROM. If it is, you need to unlock the bootloader first, then flash. Some phone models are easier to unlock the bootloader than others.

Upvote 0
In Android, the bootloader is a minuscule utility that your phone uses every time you do a cold start it. The bootloader by default will just automatically choose to start loading parts of the installed Android operating system as part of the typical startup process. If there's something wrong with the OS (i.e. it gets damaged or corrupted) than the bootloader might opt to start your phone up into its Recovery or its Download mode. You can manually choose to boot up into Recovery or Download mode with most phones when necessary.
So the bootloader is probably 'locked', preventing you from being able to do something like flashing the ROM. If it is, you need to unlock the bootloader first, then flash. Some phone models are easier to unlock the bootloader than others.
Will I have to have usb debugging enabled for this to work? I don’t know if it is…
Other then that this seems like this was the issue, will keep you updated.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Will I have to have usb debugging enabled for this to work? I don’t know if it is…
Other then that this seems like this was the issue, will keep you updated.
Thanks!
On step #9 in part 1 i got this error:
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.000s

For part 2 steps 1 and 2, im not sure which website to go to.
other than these my pc is recognizing the device and it seems to be working.

Upvote 0
On step #9 in part 1 i got this error:
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.000s

For part 2 steps 1 and 2, im not sure which website to go to.
other than these my pc is recognizing the device and it seems to be working.

I gave a Nokia N152DL to my friend, but no matter how many different ways i try, this phone will absolutely not allow me to perform a hard reset. I also am only able to get a ..."Fastboot On"... in the lower left hand corner of my screen. No matter if I push volume buttons or the power button, nothing changes.

Any suggestions on any secret methods that i can use for this the Nokia N152DL?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones