• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Crazy Screen flickering!

Dheer

Lurker
May 1, 2012
Hi this is actually my first post so hope you guys can help me out.

Have an Xperia Pro (not mini). Been working really well since I bought it about a month ago.
However have now encountered a wierd problem with the screen. When I turn on Waze GPS app - the entire screen goes mental and constantly flickers (almost blinking you could say) and I cant press anything on the screen - only pressing the home button (physical button) lets me get out of the app. This strangely doesnt happen with any other app except for Voxer (which i dont care for much anyway was just trying it out). Running stock gingerbread btw.

Can you guys help please? FYI I have tried out the following steps:
1. Tried with changing brightness settings - tried it on auto, low and high and problem persisting.
2. tried restarting phone few times - no change.
3. tried uninstalling waze and reinstalling - no change. Tried with data clearing too - no change.
4. Problem persisting when app is stored on phone or on sd card.

Is this a hardware or software issue? Its wierd because the problem only seems to exist on Waze (and Voxer).

Help please! Im in India - they normally dont replace the phone in warranty they will repair it only which could take ages!

I hate to say it but the obvious answer is that there is a problem with this application. I would advise uninstalling it and using another application that performs the same function or contacting the developer to advise them of this issue.

That what I thought as well however the same application was working earlier no problem. Also Waze has over 10 Million downloads in the Play store...surely its a safe app?

Upvote 0
Hi this is actually my first post so hope you guys can help me out.

Have an Xperia Pro (not mini). Been working really well since I bought it about a month ago.
However have now encountered a wierd problem with the screen. When I turn on Waze GPS app - the entire screen goes mental and constantly flickers (almost blinking you could say) and I cant press anything on the screen - only pressing the home button (physical button) lets me get out of the app. This strangely doesnt happen with any other app except for Voxer (which i dont care for much anyway was just trying it out). Running stock gingerbread btw.

Help please! Im in India - they normally dont replace the phone in warranty they will repair it only which could take ages!

Hi to everyone, first post here, great forum!
I'm thinking the problem is the hardware... I have a SE Xperia Pro MK16a and with apps like "Draw Something" and "Plants vs. Zombies" happens the same that with Waze. With Waze it is not so messy, but happens too...

I dont have access to warranty, but the phone runs cool, only i have to be aware not run the apps mentioned below.

Saludos!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones