• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Creating a boot animation, start to finish.

Yo I need to quite drinking....last night I had put the other poster's bootani on my phone to see if it would runn correctly.... this morning I get up and decide to put "my" bootanimation on this new rom I am running and I guess my brain thought that I all already restored to the asop to grab the bootani.. but I never did and I was thinking his none working was my working one............

When I was moving this animation over to the correct folder I was thinking "man I must have been pretty toasty last night cause I dont remember doing the restore to get this"...... yo I'm a dufffffoooouuussss :?I)

LOL i was tanked last night also. I responded to doofus in a thread with just "wrong" LMAO.
No bigs, it happens. We shouldnt drink and troll...

Upvote 0
You interested? Me and akaza have been discussing it and looking for people with time and know how to help since we dont have a ton of time. We will need devs and themers and testers etc so any help is ok...I'm supposed to start a thread but wanted to get another dev or two on board

Dude, I'm in for helping with themeing if yinz are still interested. I'll be learning / developing my skills along the way. I've just begun to crack into the framework-hdpi, so I may be a little behind the curve. Ultimately you may need someone who has a little more experience. Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I'll just cry myself to sleep on my huge pillow. :p

Upvote 0
Dude, I'm in for helping with themeing if yinz are still interested. I'll be learning / developing my skills along the way. I've just begun to crack into the framework-hdpi, so I may be a little behind the curve. Ultimately you may need someone who has a little more experience. Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I'll just cry myself to sleep on my huge pillow. :p

We were going to but ultimately it was me and akazabam and we are both pretty busy, hell I haven't even seen him in weeks. I'll be mia for a few days. If the busy season slows down we will start up. Plus want to see what's happening with the new phones coming out

Upvote 0
We were going to but ultimately it was me and akazabam and we are both pretty busy, hell I haven't even seen him in weeks. I'll be mia for a few days. If the busy season slows down we will start up. Plus want to see what's happening with the new phones coming out

True, True. I just got my evo at the beginning of the year, so I'm stuck for a while. I figure I'd better learn as much as I can, so once the devs move on to the next best thing, I casn still mod my piece on my own. I'm pretty busy at the moment too, so just let me know.

Also once I create a boot anime, I'll make sure to post it here. ;)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just wanted to thank you guys for posting up the detailed how-to and the follow-up threads clarifying things--I never would have stopped banging my head against the wall if I hadn't seen the post about not compressing the zip. Can't get sound on my Droid 2, but the animation was pretty cut and dry. Might try making another this weekend if I have time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilA2mHwwH-8

Reactions: Mr. Ed
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones