• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Creating Driver

harrytapp

Lurker
Nov 14, 2014
I know this is out of the Android topic but I thought there might be someone here that could help me. Someone who knows how to code working with drivers.
Problem: I purchased a computer motherboard [Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra] and installed the operating system of my choice, Win 8.1. Post install I found that ONLY Win 10 drivers are supplied/supported. I have been fighting with Gigabyte/Intel but it is futile. I am an IT guy so I used the supplied Win 10 drivers and made them work under Win 8.1... I got everything to work except the onboard "Intel Wireless AC9560 WiFi/Bluetooth module. My main concern is for the WiFi aspect.
Q: Does anybody here know how to decompile the Win 10 driver and make it work under Win 8.1???
It would not surprise me if Intel is in on a conspiracy with Micro$oft monopolize and not supply the 8.1 drivers. I checked and all the other manufacturers are doing the same thing in not providing support for the current/active Win 8.1 OS
I would be willing to pay a token amount in order to "Stick It To The Man"

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones