• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cricket huawei ascend 2 2.3.6

Hi, I am new but have been reading the forum for quite awhile. I am
not too tech savvy but have learned a bit. First off, I have the Huawei Ascend 2 2.3.6, courtesy of Cricket FINALLY upgrading me, yet I am STILL behind the times with a slow phone. Is there an upgrade that will make my phone and browsing faster? Secondly, my laptop is temp out of service, can I root my phone without the aide of a computer? Help would be much appreciated!!! :)

Reactions: Wayne4352
1. Go thru the app list and delete all the data. You'll have to login again with most aps, but so what, easier than a hard reset. Clear the ap's cache while you're at it too.
2. Especially facebook. That POS grows like cancer, and never stops running. Ever. What is it doing? Who knows. Actually, I gave up on that site entirely anyways, got tired of people posting pictures of random dogs with motivational sayings as if I was supposed to give a rat butt, ya know?
3. When you delete all the browser data, you will have to re-enter browser settings if you have cookies or javascript disabled, and make all new bookmarks, so you might just wanna only clear cache on that one. Maybe.

Reactions: love101
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones