• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cricket issues...

PKO: we all know...you have posted the same response 60 times....

The fact is...there are people with the solution. I won't name names...but they are charging $150-200 for it. It DOES exist, and you should STOP spouting off that there is 'no possible way EVAR' for the Eris to have full functionality without broadband...do some searching and find it yourself.

Upvote 0
I do understand what Paul is saying though, that Cricket doesn't have mobile IP's yet, so the fix probably involves routing traffic through port 8080 at some level. That's why apps work on Windows Mobile phones...there is a global proxy setting (beyond just http).

I'd like to get market apps working on my Eris, but hey...I ain't dishing out more than I paid for the phone just to get them to work. Plus the solution will eventually work it's way to the forums. If not, the fix will come when Cricket rolls out the Kyocera Android phone this summer.

Upvote 0
I understand what he is saying too. I reread my post, and I sound like a dick! PKO:it was not my intention to sound like that. You have helped me in the past, and I appreciate it.

My point was that simple ip's don't mean our phones won't ever work...it means we need to configure the phones to use the simple ip. It's not impossible, but being new to android and linux in general, I haven't quite found all the entries that need to be modified to make it work. I do have HTML working without anycut/bettercut, but can't get the widgets/apps to use it.

Like you said though. Someone will leak it to us eventually. The crazy a-holes charging $200 won't last long...

Upvote 0
In both cases, the broadband trick is necessary for full functionality.

The only way otherwise would be if there were a way to channel ALL network traffic through wap.mycricket.com:8080, but I'm pretty confident that it only allows you to request http traffic on port 80.

There is no way around this, that I've even heard of.

So, as such, NO phone is fully functional on Cricket the way the Eris is on Verizon. They aren't set up for it.

Theoretically, you could get your number to also have the access a Broadband Card has, and see what happens. I doubt they'd let you even try, though. There might be a technical reason why you can't, as well.

Who knows.

I beg to differ. My name is Ray and I stay in Cincinnati, Ohio. I and my wife both have the HTC Droid Eris. We had the phones flashed by a guy named Gordon that works at a cricket store in Hamilton, Ohio. Upon him flashing the phones to Cricket he definitely had all apps working on the Market. Google maps and everything.....My wife's Droid is "still" configured that way.

Well lets just say I attempted to do a apps2sd partition on my Droid and also installed some live wallpapers...... after that process I no longer have access to the market via Cricket. Only wifi.......but I can access the internet and browser just cant download anything from the cricket proxy settings.......

Upon following the instructions for both of the attempts above something changed which won't allow me to have the full functionality my wife has......

Digg this......However Gordon got it to work when he originally flashed our phones he had EVERYTHING WORKING all on the 3g network with super fast speeds. SO THEREFORE I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE ITS JUST BEING KEPT A SECRET RIGHT NOW...

Upvote 0
I beg to differ. My name is Ray and I stay in Cincinnati, Ohio. I and my wife both have the HTC Droid Eris. We had the phones flashed by a guy named Gordon that works at a cricket store in Hamilton, Ohio. Upon him flashing the phones to Cricket he definitely had all apps working on the Market. Google maps and everything.....My wife's Droid is "still" configured that way.

Well lets just say I attempted to do a apps2sd partition on my Droid and also installed some live wallpapers...... after that process I no longer have access to the market via Cricket. Only wifi.......but I can access the internet and browser just cant download anything from the cricket proxy settings.......

Upon following the instructions for both of the attempts above something changed which won't allow me to have the full functionality my wife has......

Digg this......However Gordon got it to work when he originally flashed our phones he had EVERYTHING WORKING all on the 3g network with super fast speeds. SO THEREFORE I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE ITS JUST BEING KEPT A SECRET RIGHT NOW...

Man If you could get that guy to tell you how he did it that would be sweet! Question for you, Does she have a cricket proxy settings shortcut anywhere? What I wouldn't give to see her phone. Well we could do 2 things.....send over some of my brothers to twist his arm for the info, or offer him a bribe? lol j/k but seriously....ask him what it would take to give up the info!!!!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info.

One person has told me that someone developed a utility that does the trick, and a few others have led me to believe it requires a custom ROM, root privileges and some hacking. I'm not sure which method is correct (maybe both), but I am confident that it has been and is being done without a doubt.

It's just worth $$ right now because very few know how to do it. Flashing phones has become quite a lucrative business.

Sir, you sound as eager as me to get market apps to work without broadband. Have faith, it will happen for us!

Upvote 0
I just thought of something. Do you just want the browser to work? There is a way to make that happen. None of the apps will work though (Market or Google Maps)

Provided that your eris is on Cricket and has a data plan here is what you can try:

1. Open AnyCut
2. Select New Shortcut
3. Select Activity. (It takes like 3 min to load up the options)
4. Select Proxy settings.
5. Name it Cricket
6. Exit to home (Screen will be blank for a few seconds, this is normal)
7. Find the shortcut you created
8. Open it
9. Host Name = wap.mycricket.com
10. Port = 8080
11. Save.

Browser should work on the internet. Now when you connect to WIFI you will need to clear the settings for the browser to work.

my name is Ray and I have a Htc Droid that was flashed to Cricket and it "had" all the apps working wonderfully! The google maps and EVERYTHING WORKED! however I consider myself to be pretty techie and I attempted to do the apps2sd partition and add live wallpapers........ Well I was able to load the live wallpapers(haven't got the partition part down yet) and other things but now my apps no longer work. I saw it mentioned on here how to get the apps to work but there was no word of exactly how.

I have mms working and I can get the web through Anycut proxy settings but I would really like to have all the apps working back again..... If you could please point me in the right direction all help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Man If you could get that guy to tell you how he did it that would be sweet! Question for you, Does she have a cricket proxy settings shortcut anywhere? What I wouldn't give to see her phone. Well we could do 2 things.....send over some of my brothers to twist his arm for the info, or offer him a bribe? lol j/k but seriously....ask him what it would take to give up the info!!!!

Man to my dismay the guy is a total DICK! He flashed me and my wife's phones for $35 a piece (or he was also selling the total HTC Droid Eris to Cricket Solution for $200.00) We had to go see him twice because the first time it wasn't working correctly......But I've called him/texted him and he's not offering ANY assistance whatsoever......I stay in Cincinnati and he's in Hamilton.....a good 45 minute drive......maybe i'll seriously have to take the drive back up there but I'll be damned if I pay another $35!!

Why couldn't he just point me in the right direction to fix the simple problem.....instead he's not responding......is that how "they" do?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info.

One person has told me that someone developed a utility that does the trick, and a few others have led me to believe it requires a custom ROM, root privileges and some hacking. I'm not sure which method is correct (maybe both), but I am confident that it has been and is being done without a doubt.

It's just worth $$ right now because very few know how to do it. Flashing phones has become quite a lucrative business.

Sir, you sound as eager as me to get market apps to work without broadband. Have faith, it will happen for us!

"Eager to get" No sir! I "had" it working......well not me but Gordon "had" it working and my wife's phone is still working that way......Everything works wonderfully....Market Apps, Google, Youtube, EVERYTHING......It works so well SHE CANT EVEN CONNECT TO WIFI!!!! WTF!! AND I CAN'T DO A ##778 TO GO INTO EPST TO LOOK AT HER SETTINGS TO SEE WHAT WAS CHANGED WHEN I ADDED TRIED APPS2SD PARTITION:thinking:

Upvote 0
It is being guarded by the 'I need to feed my family off of hacking' squad. Which is fine I guess...I mean I hate the fact that they are most likely full of crap and just want to make extra money off of people, but I guess there is nothing that can be done until someone that isn't a jerk off releases the info.

I have heard that there are some custom files required...settings/editing alone won't do the trick. But for all I know that isn't correct...either way, I am still playing...I am no hacker, but I might just get lucky...it's not rocket science.

Xcellent: Sorry you got kinda screwed...you 'modified' system files when you started with the partition, so I am sure he will claim that he has no liability because of that...which is really sad because the $200 solution could be the same way...and judging by the maturity and mentality of the people selling the $200 solution, I bet it is.

Upvote 0
It is being guarded by the 'I need to feed my family off of hacking' squad. Which is fine I guess...I mean I hate the fact that they are most likely full of crap and just want to make extra money off of people, but I guess there is nothing that can be done until someone that isn't a jerk off releases the info.

I have heard that there are some custom files required...settings/editing alone won't do the trick. But for all I know that isn't correct...either way, I am still playing...I am no hacker, but I might just get lucky...it's not rocket science.

Xcellent: Sorry you got kinda screwed...you 'modified' system files when you started with the partition, so I am sure he will claim that he has no liability because of that...which is really sad because the $200 solution could be the same way...and judging by the maturity and mentality of the people selling the $200 solution, I bet it is.

I know.....I know and that's seriously sad.....I totally understand that they don't want people to steal/claim their hard work but where "he" ( The Devevloper that flashed MY phone) made his flash self healing.....Meaning when I got into doing any type of intermediate mod then it reverts back to the original Verizon settings.....

My wife still has a fully functional Eris on cricket too but his flash won't let me do a ##778 or ##7764726 on her phone to even check her settings.

Any ideas on how to read the settings for her phone so that I can fix mine back to how it was when they were originally flashed?
I'm also searching diligently for a solution and will post what I find as soon as I do.....

Upvote 0
Ok I live in Kettering Ohio and I am really good friends with one of the orgainals of cricket mafia and he will give me the custom Rom that will let all of apps,market,web,mms, and texting to work on cricket give me a couple of days to get it and i will post it here for free you will need root to use this tho and I know it is a 2.1 Rom

Upvote 0
Ok I live in Kettering Ohio and I am really good friends with one of the orgainals of cricket mafia and he will give me the custom Rom that will let all of apps,market,web,mms, and texting to work on cricket give me a couple of days to get it and i will post it here for free you will need root to use this tho and I know it is a 2.1 Rom

Upvote 0

Thats totally cool cept I am on Leak 2 and jumped before root was found so I wont be able to use it sadly..... But post it anyways and I will download it for when I can root....though I imagine once I root I will be able to figure out how to get it working.

Upvote 0

Have you got the Custome Rom yet....I would really like to try it out to see if it would fix my problem

Upvote 0
Has anyone checked to see what type of u/l and d/l speeds they are getting going through Cricket's wap.mycricket.com 8080 proxy server? I'm getting the following:

110kbps download (1xRTT speed)
460kbps upload (rev A EvDO speed)
ping 231ms

I'm guessing the slow download is due to going through their proxy...which MEANS we only get EvDO speeds on the uploads.

Anyone else?

Upvote 0
I just thought of something. Do you just want the browser to work? There is a way to make that happen. None of the apps will work though (Market or Google Maps)

Provided that your eris is on Cricket and has a data plan here is what you can try:

1. Open AnyCut
2. Select New Shortcut
3. Select Activity. (It takes like 3 min to load up the options)
4. Select Proxy settings.
5. Name it Cricket
6. Exit to home (Screen will be blank for a few seconds, this is normal)
7. Find the shortcut you created
8. Open it
9. Host Name = wap.mycricket.com
10. Port = 8080
11. Save.

Browser should work on the internet. Now when you connect to WIFI you will need to clear the settings for the browser to work.
How do you get the internet to work on the EVO? I flashed it to cricket and cant get it to work. I don't know anything about AnyCuts. So could someone explain how to do it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones