• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Crysis 2 anyone?

ballisticn8

Android Expert
Mar 15, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Crysis 2 multi player demo one of the most played demos to ever be released, at least on 360 lol...

Anyone else thinking about scooping this up? Sandbox style FPS levels, go where you want, play how you want to play. Invisibility for stealth kills, upgraded strength and armor for full head on assaults. Multi player demo was bad a$$. If you pre-order they auto bump you up to the limited edition, day one bonus XP to unlock all 5 multiplayer classes, digital skin for the SCAR assault rifle, hologram attachment for your gun, and platinum in game dog tags (not sure if this unlocks a particular perk or what).

I've already pre ordered it. I won't be touching the multiplayer though, the PC version got a annoyingly bad console ported version of the multi player (though it's still the demo, I doubt it will improve much). I'll stick to Crysis 2 for single player and wait for Battlefield 3 for multiplayer.

Upvote 0
I'm past halfway through the campaign and have played over three hours in game of multiplayer on XBOX. Though I have the computer hardware to handle crysis 2 for pc, I just didn't think that the pc version was built as well as it should - no 64bit and no dx11, no modding, very few settings.... Why wouldn't I buy it for XBOX?

Anyway, so far it's awesome I can't put the game down unless I'm going to class (whereupon I come here :D) - it is probably the best looking shooter to ever come out on 360 and is one of the few recent shooters that I didn't beat the campaign in a day. I'm very pleased and will probably keep playing until nobody is online or until b3 comes out - whichever is first.

Upvote 0
Though I have the computer hardware to handle crysis 2 for pc, I just didn't think that the pc version was built as well as it should - no 64bit and no dx11, no modding, very few settings.... Why wouldn't I buy it for XBOX?

crysisbannerv78e.gif

Upvote 0
My only qualm with that image is the innovative multiplayer (other than the fact that Prophet is in the suit rather than Alcatraz). The multiplayer IMO blows CoD and MoH out of the park. It's fun and challenging at the same time. All of the maps play well and I rarely see major issues (other than connection favoring).

Funny nonetheless :D

Upvote 0
Though I have the computer hardware to handle crysis 2 for pc, I just didn't think that the pc version was built as well as it should - no 64bit and no dx11, no modding, very few settings.... Why wouldn't I buy it for XBOX?

PC gaming (outside of MMOs) is pretty dead these days. I stopped upgrading my PC two years ago as it was/is clear that they just aren't making PC games with the quality and numbers that they did in the mid 2000's. Kind of sad, really. LAN parties in the dorms were just so much fun!!! The best argument I have for XBOX version is that you are probably going to get a larger sampling/mix of people playing multiplayer (assuming it's any good). Going from mouse + keyboard to a controller sucks, but is sucks worse having nobody else to play with.

On a side note, this used to be THE GAME to test your rig on (the original CRYSIS). I surprised they didn't step up to the plate with the sequal (although not really TOO surprised seeing how I just went into how PC games are all but dead LOL)

Upvote 0
PC gaming (outside of MMOs) is pretty dead these days. I stopped upgrading my PC two years ago as it was/is clear that they just aren't making PC games with the quality and numbers that they did in the mid 2000's. Kind of sad, really. LAN parties in the dorms were just so much fun!!! The best argument I have for XBOX version is that you are probably going to get a larger sampling/mix of people playing multiplayer (assuming it's any good). Going from mouse + keyboard to a controller sucks, but is sucks worse having nobody else to play with.

On a side note, this used to be THE GAME to test your rig on (the original CRYSIS). I surprised they didn't step up to the plate with the sequal (although not really TOO surprised seeing how I just went into how PC games are all but dead LOL)

That assumption annoys me to no end. PC gaming is far from dead, and it never will be.
Riddle me this, if PC gaming is "all but dead" as you say, why would Dice make the PC their flagship platform for Battlefield 3?

Upvote 0
I'm debating it. Reviews are amazing. I'm glad I passed on the epic disaster called homefront.

I already have BFC2 and Halo which I play so I really DON'T need another FPS.

But after the gameplay videos and reviews, I might have to pick it up when the price drops on Amazon.

If I needed an FPS, I would have purchased by now though.

Plus, I like games that don't really care about the PC gamers!

Reactions: NYCHitman1
Upvote 0
That assumption annoys me to no end. PC gaming is far from dead, and it never will be.
Riddle me this, if PC gaming is "all but dead" as you say, why would Dice make the PC their flagship platform for Battlefield 3?

It's not an assumption. It's the unfortunate truth. There are more console gamers than there are PC gamers these days. PC gaming has become much more expensive due to the fact that PC tech makes so many advances within such short timeframes which is why many people have taken to consoles because you just buy one console and then purchase the games.

Upvote 0
It's not an assumption. It's the unfortunate truth. There are more console gamers than there are PC gamers these days. PC gaming has become much more expensive due to the fact that PC tech makes so many advances within such short timeframes which is why many people have taken to consoles because you just buy one console and then purchase the games.

Since when does the fact that console gaming has more users imply that PC gaming is dead? To me 1000 PC gamers might constitute dead. However I know that there are at least a million PC gamers out there, probably quite a few more. As long as companies like Dice still exist, PC gaming won't be dead. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it starts flourishing in the next few years when games start advancing even further and console limitations start to be exposed.

Upvote 0
Since when does the fact that console gaming has more users imply that PC gaming is dead? To me 1000 PC gamers might constitute dead. However I know that there are at least a million PC gamers out there, probably quite a few more. As long as companies like Dice still exist, PC gaming won't be dead. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it starts flourishing in the next few years when games start advancing even further and console limitations start to be exposed.

They will just make PS4 and Xbox 1080.

CLOAK ENGAGED <-- how annoying.... Game was really easy, and multiplayer is about how good you are at hiding... ooooverrated... but incredible graphics.

Upvote 0

CLOAK ENGAGED <-- how annoying.... Game was really easy, and multiplayer is about how good you are at hiding... ooooverrated... but incredible graphics.

Processors can only render graphics to a certain extent. The 360 already overheats, I can only imagine how bad it will be once graphics take another large step forward.

Upvote 0

Exactly. Once the consoles get to that point, they'll just make another. I'm not sure how you aren't seeing the correlation here but I've said my .02

EDIT: Outside of the major games that are played, you can see that everything is slowing down in terms of production. Xyro said below the point that I was trying to get across.

Upvote 0

I agree with what you're saying and I don't doubt that consoles are the more attractive platform to developers in terms of profit; you have more potential customers and piracy is more difficult.

But to say PC gaming is dying implies there's a declining demand for games on that platform. But business such as Steam or Mojang (Minecraft), for example, are very profitable. Games might continue to get more consolified, as seems to be the current trend, but I don't think PC gamers are going anywhere.

Reactions: NYCHitman1
Upvote 0
I agree with what you're saying and I don't doubt that consoles are the more attractive platform to developers in terms of profit; you have more potential customers and piracy is more difficult.

But to say PC gaming is dying implies there's a declining demand for games on that platform. But business such as Steam or Mojang (Minecraft), for example, are very profitable. Games might continue to get more consolified, as seems to be the current trend, but I don't think PC gamers are going anywhere.

This was essentially what I was attempting to say. Clearly, it came out wrong. +1

Upvote 0
So they just add a better processor and a better graphic card to consoles.. ? lol

They will eventually of course, but with consoles having such a long life it's inevitable they will get left behind compared to PCs. This generation is already 5 years old and PCs have had all that time to improve.

Of course, on the other hand, I imagine you'd have a hard time trying to run Crysis 2 on a 5ish year old PC bought at the same price point as a 360/PS3. There are benefits to both sides.

Upvote 0
So they just add a better processor and a better graphic card to consoles.. ? lol

Console graphics cards are already fairly far behind the curve, at least based off what I found on the 360 they are.
However the point I'm trying to make is that as processors and GPU's improve, heat increases as well. Unless console design and cooling systems change considerably, overheating will become quite the problem.

Upvote 0
So far I'm quite positive with Crysis 2, I play in on both computer and console. It's fast and furious in every way. Of course there is a lot of stealh/sniper guys, but I feel its easier to deal with people that either stay in one spot or run around like a bunny.

The far worst opponents is someone that uses both styles combined, those destroys me. : <

Gotta say the soundtrack on this game is among the best soundtracks I have heard, period. It's just awesome work, love the two songs from Hans Zimmer and the uprising composer that made rest of the songs. I think Borislav Slavov will be much more seen in the future.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones