• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Curious about a trade.

Jmtegra

Android Enthusiast
Feb 28, 2010
Pensacola, FL
First off I know i would get more responses if i posted in the general section but I like the posters in the Eris section most of all.

Also dont flame me, im just asking :cool:

I have a friend who wants to trade me my Eris for his HTC Touch Diamond, I know absolutely nothing about WinMo, Im considering it because it has a slide out keyboard and i doubt it has dialer lag, i really like the idea of that. I text alot and seems like it would be a nice option to have. Anyone coming from a winmo? Im wondering what the app store is like. I imagine its no where near as big as android but are there still alot of free apps available for winmo? Also the speed? Is there any lag with this phone? I havent traded yet, i still have my Eris and still very happy with it. So go easy on me im just curious about winmo.

Also currious about trading for a Moto Droid.Does the droid have dialer lag?

And if i do trade for any phone with the warranty's transfer over to me and will my insurance i pay for still be good on them?

As far as Winmo, I personally think it suck, big time. from what I found the 6 months I has it, there is no "app store", most of the programs you have to just search around and install from various web sites. I would never go back to Winmo from Android

for your next question on the Moto droid. no comparing the eris as far as lag, the only time I get any lag is when I have messed things up playing with roms. lol. Over clocked to 1.2 ghz running BB Froyo, Blazing fast!!, 16-18 Mflops in linpack, 1400+ in Quadrant. ZERO lag. GREAT Combo.

Cant answer the last one sorry.

Upvote 0
My previous phone was a HTC Touch Pro (windows mobile). No way in hell would I go back to win mo. There are apps out there, but nowhere as easy and convenient as the Android Market. You have to search them out.

As for the moto droid, my husband has one, it is nice, faster than the eris. Also clunky and ugly. Your choice.

Upvote 0
I had the Samsung Omnia (WinMo) for about a year before my eris. Not bad, but WinMo does not compare to Android. There are plenty of apps, but like already stated, there is no "App Store". You have to search them out on various sites. There are a lot and a ton are free, you just need to find them. I loaded SPB Mobile Shell on top of WinMo which made it much more bearable.

Upvote 0
I was a die-hard WinMo fanboy. I couldn't imagine changing to anythng else. I had several WinMo devices from the very first device HTC put out back in the dark ages up to the Samsung Omnia. I bought my wife an Eris because of the price, and played with it a bit. Shortly thereafter I bought myself an Eris, then an Incredible. Recently my Inc had an accident and I was forced back to the Omnia for a couple of days. I felt like I was transported back in time. No way in the world would I trade an eris for the touchpro2.

Upvote 0
I traded my Droid for an Eris, the manufacturer's warranty transferred over with it. Verizon has on record when that ESIN was sold, so they know the balance of the warranty. I'm sure of that because as soon as I got the Eris they allowed me to send it back in for a refurbished model due to the silent bug (which I also have on the 2nd unit). I had absolutely no lag on the dialer (or anywhere) on the Droid. I traded for the Eris because I couldn't stand how it felt in my hand, the clunkiness of the device. But it's fast, and easily rooted.

Upvote 0
The good thing about Winmo is that there generally is no issue with getting a ROM, or just about any functionality that you want out of it, or changed. There's no need for root, just a computer to run the provided tools. When I used my Omnia which was "officially" stuck at Winmo 6.5, it was through leaks of the 6.5.x builds that kept it up to date. There were many styles etc. of ROM's and programs, and you were only halted by the hardware on your phone.
That being said, I'd never go back. Winmo support is god-awful outside of the cooks making the ROMs and apps have to be searched out, whether by paying obscene prices in Microsofts "new" app store, or online where the devs have stopped writing for their apps, or functionality, design, and looks were half-assed.
Stick with the Eris.

Upvote 0
There is a Windows Mobile market now. Well, having said that, apparently there aren't many apps on there - something in the low thousands I think. Most people acquire apps from third party sellers or directly from the application developer.

I had a WM PocketPC for years, a WinMo Standard phone for two years, and I would NEVER go back. That said, it does do some things well, and dialing is one of those things. Also, if you are one of those who switched everything to Gmail and Google Calendar when you switched to Android, there is a really nice over the air syncing solution called NuevaSync ($20 a year for full capability, and well worth the cost) that will keep your calendars, contacts, and gmail always synced.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones