• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Custom boot animation

typically what folder is the file in?? i need to buy root explorer but it will be a few days...i've looked through tons of folders just using ES and cant find it .......

I extracted the file to the desktop just to see what was in it and it gave me two folders and 1 file....android-folder.....loop-folder.....and desc.txt

go to 4shared.com on your phone search Root explorer find one that has .apk at the end download enjoy free app

Upvote 0
I find most of these boot animations dont work if your on any 2.3 sense based rom ... they were designed for 2.2 i believe. A few still work ...

i tried about half of them on the Custom Boot Animations and Splash Screens page and the 3d Minions Boot Animations page and every single one of them worked....Im running the EVOlvedROM r3chargeD RC1and that has sense 3.0....now i havent tried every single one of them but im definately over half and they worked perfectly, along with the sounds...

Upvote 0
I currently have CM7 7.1.0 RC1- supersonic and I put both the video and audio in system/media video plays fine but the audio file does not play. I named "android_audio.mp3" as instructed. Am I doing something wrong or does CM7 not support audio?

it only works on sense roms. aosp roms do not have audio on boot animations.

Reactions: AndroidSerpent
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones