• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

custom email notification ringtomes

hedhntr

Aug 9, 2012
does anyone know how to change your email notification sound to something other than the defaults that come with the phone.? I have a number of downloaded ringtones and have been able to use one for phone's ringtone but can't seem to access them when trying to change my email notification sound.

The application on your phone to open your email. If you didn't download a different one, like K9 or Maildroid, you're probably using the default Samsung email app. Go to that, then long press on an account among those listed, then choose "account settings". There should be an option under there for notification tones.

Reactions: hedhntr
Upvote 0
I think you made a mistake. I use a Samsung device with touchwiz too, so we're supposed to have similar settings. For some reason I seem to think you made a wrong turn somewhere. :) Did you go into Settings>Accounts and Sync? Or Did you go to Email>Menu>Settings? You should go through the latter, then open the account settings for each account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones