• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I've seen a few sets that look nothing like iPhone icons, but for some reason the icons are very tiny..too small to want to actually use.

I'm still using the ibox icons. I would like a different set too (sick of iphone look). I have found a few sets that were okay, but it seems like they are either too small or there aren't enough icons in the pack. I guess i need to get photoshop and learn to make my own. :thinking:

Upvote 0
I like these, do I need anycut or such to use them on my phone?
FolderOrganizer Lite is a good app for this.

You can also create labels for all your apps into different categories and then put a shortcut to that label (much like folders) but with your own icon.

EDIT: Did I mention its free?!

Reactions: JackButler
Upvote 0
You do not need to use bettercut or anycut to use the icons if you have astro and launcher pro.

http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-droid-x/115618-how-custom-icons-your-droid-x.html

These instructions work for the droid eris as well.

Maybe I'm missing something in the thread that was linked above, but I don't see how to change icons without BetterCut. At least not the icons on your home screens. The instructions for changing dock icons don't use BetterCut as far as I can tell, but the dock icons are fairly easy to change...

I have used BetterCut in the past, but it is so slow. Are there any other Apps that are similar but easier to use? I saw Folder Organizer in another post, but thought there might be others that weren't mentioned.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm missing something in the thread that was linked above, but I don't see how to change icons without BetterCut. At least not the icons on your home screens. The instructions for changing dock icons don't use BetterCut as far as I can tell, but the dock icons are fairly easy to change...

I have used BetterCut in the past, but it is so slow. Are there any other Apps that are similar but easier to use? I saw Folder Organizer in another post, but thought there might be others that weren't mentioned.

Thanks!
I highly recommend Folder Organizer. It also has a lot of other functions besides just changing icons. You can change icon label, you can sort apps into different labels/categories and then add a shortcut for those categories you made. You have to try it to get the full experience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones