• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom themes.

SystmDcln

Lurker
Aug 21, 2009
I have been wanting to change the theme on my G1, I recently rooted it and installed the Cyogen mod, but I have been looking for a better theme. I have tried FreshFace and Ahome, and I can't stand how it's really just a fancy layover, it's slow and just feels clunky. Are there any custom builds that are efficient with custom themes? Or are there ways to install custom themes without using an application that just lays over the original?

I have been wanting to change the theme on my G1, I recently rooted it and installed the Cyogen mod, but I have been looking for a better theme. I have tried FreshFace and Ahome, and I can't stand how it's really just a fancy layover, it's slow and just feels clunky. Are there any custom builds that are efficient with custom themes? Or are there ways to install custom themes without using an application that just lays over the original?
Take a look a the G1 themes at XDA.
Dream themes and wallpapers - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Awesome. Very useful link. I have gone and read over it, and now I have tried to install a theme and have ran in to a problem. As I said I am running the most up to date Cyogen mod. I named the theme update.zip and put it on the SC card and rebooted, installed it and now my phone won't go past the "T-Mobile G1" screen..went to recovery mode and wiped/factory reset and reinstalled cyogen and the theme..same problem...phone works fine until I try to add the theme.

Upvote 0
Awesome. Very useful link. I have gone and read over it, and now I have tried to install a theme and have ran in to a problem. As I said I am running the most up to date Cyogen mod. I named the theme update.zip and put it on the SC card and rebooted, installed it and now my phone won't go past the "T-Mobile G1" screen..went to recovery mode and wiped/factory reset and reinstalled cyogen and the theme..same problem...phone works fine until I try to add the theme.

The last thing I Read on Cyanogen Build 4.0..... his warning was not to install any themes ... that are not specifically built for that exact version or you may meet the death of your phone ...

[ROM] CyanogenMod - Zoom Zoom Zoom (STABLE) [UPDATED 8/22- v4.0.2] - xda-developers

"If you have installed a theme that is not specifically designed for this ROM, please don't post bugs here unless you can reproduce them without the theme installed."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones