• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWM-based touch recovery

So i got the phone a couple of weeks ago rooted it yesterday. I came here and downloaded the custom recovery file but i cant open the "read me" file on my desktop or phone.I want to have custom recovery on my phone so i can use rom manager and play around with it. Please help.

DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER AT ANY COST!!!
We need a sticky thread.

Upvote 0
So i got the phone a couple of weeks ago rooted it yesterday. I came here and downloaded the custom recovery file but i cant open the "read me" file on my desktop or phone.I want to have custom recovery on my phone so i can use rom manager and play around with it. Please help.

Assuming you have Windows, just double click the readme file and go with the choice of selecting a program on your computer, then select notepad.

Upvote 0
firststep_zps1b3772e0.png

this is error i get when i try to install cwm recovery image

hey there guys i am having the same issue as previously mentioned and am needing help i have never been good at doing this stuf and need as much help as i possibly can get when it comes to adb and command prompts i am lost i have entered all the lines as i see them to no avail i have even tried the emulator for my phone and still have the same error i appreciate all te work every devand every tester puts in to these projects if it werent for ppl like you i would be stuck with a basic phone with no root or any of the other god stuff i am a total loss when it comes to the command lines i try to enter them as i see them word for word and even 1000 other ways to no avail i am hoping someone can break this down for me and basically make a guide for dummies like me lmao please any help is much appreciated :thinking:

Upvote 0
terminal emulator:

open terminal
type: su
hit enter
allow root to terminal
type: dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
hit enter
when prompt returns type: reboot recovery
hit enter

Make sure recovery.IMG is in the root of your micro SD card, this means don't put it in a folder, follow instructions to the point and you should have cwm. Also make sure that you are rooted with supersu and have terminal emulator from the play store.

Reactions: mrklotzner
Upvote 0
Use the recovery posted by 1mouse3 and carefully follow the instructions. It works great, and this one may have issues

ok i have an update I ended up installing the unofficial cwm 0.6.something lol going by the directions with the emulator from play store and was successful thank you all for the help and also i have flashed Droidsmith and love it i would suggest it for anyone that wants a custom rom you all have been a great help and i thank you all for every thing :D you all are great !!!! :smokingsomb:

Reactions: donjuro
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones