• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help CyanogemMod 9 HP Touchpad and Google Play

levesquedb

Lurker
Apr 13, 2010
I recently had a co-worker convert my HP TouchPad to run CyanogemMod 9 and can't get Google Play (web version) to recognize it. When I try and download an app it asks me to pick a device and only shows two Android cell phones.
How can I get Google Play to work or recognize my TouchPad??
Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, if you look on the device, do you have any google apps installed? gmail, google+, google Play, etc?

If not, you will need to download and install the google apps. Cyanogen doesn't include any of the Google Apps (by request from Google). You must install them separately. Here is the file to download:

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

You should have an app called "Rom Manager" installed. Open that. There should be an option to 'boot to recovery". Once booted to recovery mode, you need to choose "install zip from SDCARD". Then navigate to the gapps file you downloaded and choose YES to install. After install is complete, navigate to "reboot". Your Touchpad should now have all the google apps installed once you restart.

Once Google play is installed and you sign into the google account, you will be able to download and install other apps from the Play Store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones