• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cyanogen mod and recovery issues

I have cyanogen mod 10.1 on my Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (a.k.a. GT-S750). I spent many hours but now at least i can make phone calls with it and connect to wifi..
Overall , i am not happy.
The camera does not work. i spent many, many hours trying to fix the camera, but thet unveiled a bug of cm with the folder location of external_sd, which i have not been able to fix.
In my experience android is still a geek tool, for people that enjoy spending their time fixing bugs on their smartphone.
It is probably at the level of Linux in the 90's.
Note that I am not a geek but I run Linux (xubuntu) on a couple of computers and i am reasonably satisfied with it.
On http://forum.xda-developers.com I found a few versions of cm 11.x but either i cannot download it or i cannot download the apps related to it. Somehow the deleted all the postings related to it.
Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones