1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General CyanogenMod 7.1 Vs GingerReal Vs Official 2.3.6

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tntero, Jan 15, 2012.

1. tntero

tntero Lurker
    None

Hey there guys

so, recently i flashed a custom rom, Ginger Real 2.0, as told in here to be the best rom available for ace currently, i really like it, it flows nicely, and although theres no theme, everything works nicely and smoothly, but theres an issue with the music player, i cant play songs, not with the stock player, not with any other player, this seems to be an issue many people faced, and apparently flashing an update.zip that fixes samsung apps and that player issue, but it doesnt work for me.

so this left me with a decision to make, should i reflash Ginger Real and hope that it works this time?
    Should i try CyanogenMod 7.1 Unofficial while i wait for CyanoAce 9?
    Should i cut the crap and just install the official Android 2.3.6? xDD

Thanks in Advance
    Antero Duarte

Advertisement

2. bigbaldbloke

bigbaldbloke Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 8, 2011
    I vote for all of the above, and some more! I'm running CM7 (Cyano Mod) at the moment. It has a few little niggles, such as custom ringtones changing to totally unrelated tracks, BT sometimes failing to stay on & some occasional lagging, but they're pricies that I'm willing to pay for an otherwise smooth, feature-packed ROM.

Enjoy the journey!

3. tntero

tntero Lurker
    None

Thanks, i did try CM7, but at least the release i tried was too laggy, even with overclock @921Mhz, so i tried reflashing Ginger Real and this time i got the music player/samsung apps fix to work, so im running Ginger Real 2.0 flawlessly, and i've gotta tell you, it is awesome, it runs really smooth, only downside is that there's no overclock kernel, at least yet xD

4. bigbaldbloke

bigbaldbloke Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 8, 2011
    Has it got built-in profile management via the Power key?