• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CyanogenMod 7.1 Vs GingerReal Vs Official 2.3.6

Hey there guys

so, recently i flashed a custom rom, Ginger Real 2.0, as told in here to be the best rom available for ace currently, i really like it, it flows nicely, and although theres no theme, everything works nicely and smoothly, but theres an issue with the music player, i cant play songs, not with the stock player, not with any other player, this seems to be an issue many people faced, and apparently flashing an update.zip that fixes samsung apps and that player issue, but it doesnt work for me.

so this left me with a decision to make, should i reflash Ginger Real and hope that it works this time?
Should i try CyanogenMod 7.1 Unofficial while i wait for CyanoAce 9?
Should i cut the crap and just install the official Android 2.3.6? xDD

Thanks in Advance
Antero Duarte

I vote for all of the above, and some more! I'm running CM7 (Cyano Mod) at the moment. It has a few little niggles, such as custom ringtones changing to totally unrelated tracks, BT sometimes failing to stay on & some occasional lagging, but they're pricies that I'm willing to pay for an otherwise smooth, feature-packed ROM.

Enjoy the journey!

Upvote 0
I vote for all of the above, and some more! I'm running CM7 (Cyano Mod) at the moment. It has a few little niggles, such as custom ringtones changing to totally unrelated tracks, BT sometimes failing to stay on & some occasional lagging, but they're pricies that I'm willing to pay for an otherwise smooth, feature-packed ROM.

Enjoy the journey!

Thanks, i did try CM7, but at least the release i tried was too laggy, even with overclock @921Mhz, so i tried reflashing Ginger Real and this time i got the music player/samsung apps fix to work, so im running Ginger Real 2.0 flawlessly, and i've gotta tell you, it is awesome, it runs really smooth, only downside is that there's no overclock kernel, at least yet xD

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones