• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 7 Unofficial Beta 5 02/20/12

no my market works. I was questioning on the certain apps not being listed or being able to be installed that i use on a daily basis. *see posts right when hf2 came out* Ive been sitting with ctmod just waiting for this issue to be resolved. There are a good amount of apps that it doesnt let you dl or install

did you try pulling stock market apps from gb and putting them in your apps folder to replace the others?

Upvote 0
from my experience with this rom. mms only works on 3g, wifi randomly disconnects, callers complain they hear their voice when speaker phone is on, speaker phone volume is low, as well as incall volume. audio is still high but its more manageable. netflix 1.2.1 runs for a sec then goes back to menu, it worked perfect on cm7 2d.
Overall, hey its cm7 on prevail! nice work

Upvote 0
ive had no issues unless im super far away. either way it works on the phone

Really? I never had any luck with Google Goggles either while stock or with some of the more stable mods. I've always had to download it straight from google or some other source because market says my hardware wont support it when I go onto the website with my laptop and didnt even show up when accessing it through my phone.

I'll give it another try though, thanks for the info sir.

Upvote 0
Slow-Mo Phone? Yeah my phone keeps going really slow for short periods-as if all memory is used up- mostly when i unlock it

CM7
HF2
a2sd

Mr. Enzosdad:

I have noticed this just recently and I too have a2sd installed. Would it be possible that because a2sd has a dalvik heap size control system that it may be conflicting with the built in Cyanogen heap size control?

I have both set to the same value but that doesnt seem to have fixed the issue. I wonder if anyone else has had this issue that does not have a2sd installed.

Upvote 0
Really? I never had any luck with Google Goggles either while stock or with some of the more stable mods. I've always had to download it straight from google or some other source because market says my hardware wont support it when I go onto the website with my laptop and didnt even show up when accessing it through my phone.

I'll give it another try though, thanks for the info sir.

I had read that the Prevail could not run Google Goggles because of some limitation of the phone. Auto focus maybe. Never tried.

I know that bar code scanning works with Red Laser.

Upvote 0
Ringtones are super easy, you can put them in a folder on the SD card and have them always there. Drop them into SDcard/media/audio/notifications & ringtones only thing is they need to be .ogg files.

Also Poynt & BeWeather installed just fine for me, I am not going to test more apps since I will just be removing them but, I would be fairly confident it is on your end.

Voicemail should be setup, he added a setting that would automatically set it up for you.

Also.... Newest Google Maps seem fine here using navigation :\ Same with the actual Maps app.

Upvote 0
Ringtones are super easy, you can put them in a folder on the SD card and have them always there. Drop them into SDcard/media/audio/notifications & ringtones only thing is they need to be .ogg files.

Also Poynt & BeWeather installed just fine for me, I am not going to test more apps since I will just be removing them but, I would be fairly confident it is on your end.

Voicemail should be setup, he added a setting that would automatically set it up for you.

Also.... Newest Google Maps seem fine here using navigation :\ Same with the actual Maps app.
They do not have to be .ogg .mp3's work fine
The only thing if you have a .nomedia file for faster sd card scanning they will not show up. so check that first.

Upvote 0
This rom has turned out to be a real work of art! So far the only issue I'm having is the whole speaker phone out of both front and back. Honestly though, that speaker is so small that having it come out of both has made it easier to hear lol.

Here's my setup/method:

CM7 3.5HF2 with dta2sd (xda version)

1) Backed up everything (TB+Nandroid)
2) Factory defaulted then odin to GB+root
3)upgraded Profile and PRL while I had the chance
4) Flashed CM7 35 and Hotfix 2 one after the other without reboot between
5) reboot and setup Market/Gmail tried out features for a day without a2sd. Only active glitch is speaker phone.
6) CWM mounted /data /system and /sd-ext then flashed dt_a2sd xda version. Waited for bootloop then pulled battery for 10 sec then powered on (this may happen twice). It took 4 solid minutes first boot but now runs perfect with all my apps reconnected from SD-ext.

Other than having to redo some settings all is well!! My phone runs faster than ever, battery depletes slow (on demand settings) and GPS is rock solid.

We've all said it but I'll say it again... Hroark sir, you are truly the man. Thanks so much for turning what would have been a cheep-o prepay phone into a real hand held computer standing toe to toe with the more expensive phones.

Can someone please tell me if I have to use cacherfs.zip after using Odin. Yes, I did read page 1 but I just want to make sure that it wasn't left out in these steps for a reason.
And when I do use Odin I only use the phone and pda? Or do I use boot too?

Upvote 0
Can someone please tell me if I have to use cacherfs.zip after using Odin. Yes, I did read page 1 but I just want to make sure that it wasn't left out in these steps for a reason.
And when I do use Odin I only use the phone and pda? Or do I use boot too?
Are you trying to return to stock after having used CM7? The cacherfs is to return to the samsung file system cm7 and certian other roms will convert it to ext4 and so if you want to return to a samsung stock you need to run cacherfs.
Unless you have bricked the prevail very well you generally only need to use the pda.

If you are doing a complete change over, say from CM7 to gingerbread you may then want to use all 3.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones