• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 7 Unofficial Beta 5 02/20/12

quick question. when formatting the sd card with cwm what do i select on eu xt size? theres 128m 256m 512m 1024m 2048m and 4096m,

make sure you backup SD card before you do this, because SD will be erased

the size depends on how many apps you want on it

i would try either 512 or 1024 to start with

and choose 0 for swap

Upvote 0
I just flashed over last night, and up until just a few minutes ago I hadn't really had any issues other than the known ones. My issues started when I brought Darktremors into the mix. I redid my SD to start fresh too. Before and after flashing I made backups, but I noticed that after the last reboot that all of my apps were GONE!!!!! LMAO!!!!! They didn't show up after rebooting again either. At this point, I really thought that I was up s@#t creek!!!! I restored my last backup, and low and behold everything was back to normal and running smooth again. Apps2sd is working as it should now!!!!

Thank-you hroark, and to everybody else that brought Cyanogenmod to the Prevail. It's taking some getting used to, but the speed and smoothness is incredible.

Upvote 0
I just flashed over last night, and up until just a few minutes ago I hadn't really had any issues other than the known ones. My issues started when I brought Darktremors into the mix. I redid my SD to start fresh too. Before and after flashing I made backups, but I noticed that after the last reboot that all of my apps were GONE!!!!! LMAO!!!!! They didn't show up after rebooting again either. At this point, I really thought that I was up s@#t creek!!!! I restored my last backup, and low and behold everything was back to normal and running smooth again. Apps2sd is working as it should now!!!!

Thank-you hroark, and to everybody else that brought Cyanogenmod to the Prevail. It's taking some getting used to, but the speed and smoothness is incredible.

It is most likely because when you started fresh with your SD card you cleared your SD ext data, and when you restore italso restores your sd ext data. I could be wrong though.

Upvote 0
All this is why I am letting others test this oit before I try it out myself.

It is a beta dude problems are more than expected ...

That being said... darktremor was a bitch to install... but it works once I realized that the app doesn't read free space correct ... not really a issue... the only other "problem" I have is with the haptic feedback on the cap buttons... guess I am luck

Reactions: Addacus
Upvote 0
Guys just calm down I am juat not willing to screw up my only phone right now. Plus I an bashing anyone for using the beta. I was just commenting on the issuess that have cropped up iss all.

we need people who are running Froyo based ROMS to help too

for instance one person running CM discovered that they can not send MMS while connected to wifi

It will save us time if someone with a Froyo based ROM can tell us if it works on their phone

I personally dont feel like reverting back to Froyo everytime I want to see if something worked before

So you can help if you choose to do so, I do not blame you for not wanting to put your only phone on a beta ROM

Upvote 0
This really is an EPIC accomplishment and effort by hroark and team. I feel guilty for not trying it out yet, but I have gotton much too dependant on my phone for work recently and really do not have the time, energy or inclination to go though the stress of beta testing. Getting old, I guess.

That being said, I have been very impressed with the team effort on this project to get the bugs worked out and I really do appreciate it. sounds like real progress is being made on finding and fixing the bugs. I have the utmost confidence that this attitude and dedication will pay off very soon with a completely usable system without a lot of tweaks every time you boot up.

One very important thing for me is that the DarkTremor A2SD works as i have also become very dependent upon that working without a hitch. I believe I may have read that there is something similar that comes as part of this mod. I am painfully ignorant of what this will look like but apparently it must be the shit. By that I mean really good.

Actually, I am waiting on the New Optimus Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval. Also, like to hear from the WetBiker for his input.

I will be lurking around keeping up on this and pounce on it at the appropriate time.

Upvote 0
we need people who are running Froyo based ROMS to help too

for instance one person running CM discovered that they can not send MMS while connected to wifi

It will save us time if someone with a Froyo based ROM can tell us if it works on their phone

I personally dont feel like reverting back to Froyo everytime I want to see if something worked before

So you can help if you choose to do so, I do not blame you for not wanting to put your only phone on a beta ROM

Lol I have my only phone on a beta ROM, but that's just me :p It wasn't really what you said Topken, just the way you wrote it. It appeared a bit standoffish and wasn't really helpful at all to anyone. ;) (Not trying to argue with you just pointing out how it read to me!)

Upvote 0
Ok I have Cyanogen running perfect and also a2sd running perfect as well...i was curious should i use any of the 3g or V6 scripts with this rom???

And also are there any themes compatible with this like Honeycomb or Simple Blue??

Cyanbread theme ftw! :p

I am using the 3g turbocharger and RAM optimization scripts atm. They seem to be working flawlessly.

Reactions: alewis2k
Upvote 0
I'm amazed how many apps I'm able to load now. Before I couldn't load more than a handful of apps w/o getting low memory warnings. Now I have:
ACS Updater
Adobe Flash Player 10.2
Angry Birds
Angry Birds Rio
Books
Google Voice
Maps
Market
Phandroid
Redlaser
Square Credit Card Reader
Superuser
Titanium Backup
Vibe Vault
Wifi Tether

Internal Storage: 45MB used, 115MB free

Upvote 0
Will there by a bluetooth fix for this mod anytime soon...just checking..???

not from me, I will be traveling for Business the next couple of days and will not have any time to work on this

the next thing that I am going to work on is the 3g data issue

it is up to all of us to find fixes for the issues, so I look foward to any fixes you can submit

i dont think I posted this in any of the first 4 posts so I am going to state it now, and this is not directed at you, dont take it personally, this is a message for everyone

do not ask for eta's

if people start asking for eta's i will purposely hold back any fixes that I come up with and only give them to people that are trying to help fix the issues

Upvote 0
So far, so good...

I went ahead and installed CM7 last night and it is working great! I have not installed any of the hotfixes, but still have not really noticed the GPS problem. I have cycled the 3g, so that problem is barely noticeable.

One thing that I did notice, is that when playing music on my way to work, it seems that the audio buffer did crackle a bit. I did change the settings around with the DSP processor app, so that might be the problem.

Also having problems with MMS just like everyone else.

I had Shabbymod 0.9 with Simpleblue before and my Quadrant score was like 600-700 or something, now it's at like 1700! Even with the slight problems, this is really ****ing awesome.

Thanks Hroark!

Upvote 0
This really is an EPIC accomplishment and effort by hroark and team. I feel guilty for not trying it out yet, but I have gotton much too dependant on my phone for work recently and really do not have the time, energy or inclination to go though the stress of beta testing. Getting old, I guess.

That being said, I have been very impressed with the team effort on this project to get the bugs worked out and I really do appreciate it. sounds like real progress is being made on finding and fixing the bugs. I have the utmost confidence that this attitude and dedication will pay off very soon with a completely usable system without a lot of tweaks every time you boot up.

One very important thing for me is that the DarkTremor A2SD works as i have also become very dependent upon that working without a hitch. I believe I may have read that there is something similar that comes as part of this mod. I am painfully ignorant of what this will look like but apparently it must be the shit. By that I mean really good.

Actually, I am waiting on the New Optimus Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval. Also, like to hear from the WetBiker for his input.

I will be lurking around keeping up on this and pounce on it at the appropriate time.
LoL Well let me say I am running this myself but there are issues that crop up and if you need 100% reliability for work hold off but if 95+% is fine then grab it an enjoy some interesting features, Things like blue tooth work, though file transfer over blue tooth has been reported as not working correctly I have not verified that yet, probably check that out today. Voice is fine you may need to hit mute an then unmute and it works perfectly.
Speaker phone same thing. And after a blue tooth call a following call on the phone itself will require mute and unmute as well.
A2sd works perfectly though you want to use the official one from xda you need to manually mount /system and /data in cwm before flashing the zip.
be aware and this goes for the person that reported /system/sd isnt working cm7 has it moved to /sd-ext so if a2sd creates the /system/sd you can just delete it.

Will there by a bluetooth fix for this mod anytime soon...just checking..???

Reactions: wyelkins
Upvote 0
not from me, I will be traveling for Business the next couple of days and will not have any time to work on this

the next thing that I am going to work on is the 3g data issue

it is up to all of us to find fixes for the issues, so I look foward to any fixes you can submit

i dont think I posted this in any of the first 4 posts so I am going to state it now, and this is not directed at you, dont take it personally, this is a message for everyone

do not ask for eta's

if people start asking for eta's i will purposely hold back any fixes that I come up with and only give them to people that are trying to help fix the issues

Ok no prob and thanks again for all you have done hroak and new optimus, its no prob im kinda of new to this and was just checking thats all but the rom work perfectly and im loving it lol thanks again so much for your efforts and i appreciate it alot...

Upvote 0
Ok no prob and thanks again for all you have done hroak and new optimus, its no prob im kinda of new to this and was just checking thats all but the rom work perfectly and im loving it lol thanks again so much for your efforts and i appreciate it alot...

thank you

and like i said that was not directed at you, i did not mention anything in the original post, so you did not have any way of knowing

i will update one of the original posts and let everyone know

and you asking about that did not bother me at all, I am just trying to prevent hundreds of people from doing it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones