• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogenmod for droid 3??

Can i put that on my droid 3? an official one that will be supported? and how do i do it? im already rooted (btw thanks for the help every one!) can some one give me a step by step instruction plz?

There is no official CM7 or CM9 for the Droid 3. There are builds for both, but both have some limitations - CM9 has no video camera, and limited (or no) video codecs for playback. I can't recall what the CM7 issues are, actually. But, you can read all about them at:

CM7: [SELFKANG AOSP ROM] CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha Release [UPDATE 11/16 PM] - xda-developers
CM9: [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [BETA 2012-03-11] - xda-developers

I seriously recommend installing Safestrap and using that, rather than ClockworkMod. You can find downloads and install instructions from Hashcode's blog here:

Safestrap

Upvote 0
There is no official CM7 or CM9 for the Droid 3. There are builds for both, but both have some limitations - CM9 has no video camera, and limited (or no) video codecs for playback. I can't recall what the CM7 issues are, actually. But, you can read all about them at:

CM7: [SELFKANG AOSP ROM] CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha Release [UPDATE 11/16 PM] - xda-developers
CM9: [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [BETA 2012-03-11] - xda-developers

I seriously recommend installing Safestrap and using that, rather than ClockworkMod. You can find downloads and install instructions from Hashcode's blog here:

Safestrap

Upvote 0
This phone is nearly impossible to brick. If you're one .890, there are legitimate SBF methods. If you've accepted the .906 OTA, Ovelayer (from XDA) and I have concocted a means of returning to .890 system (amongst other components) while keeping the parts of the .906 OTA that cannot be reverted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones