• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

D2G will not run dialer 2.2

mattlward

Lurker
Jan 20, 2010
I have a Droid 2 Global running the stock 2.2 rom rooted with z4root. It is rooted to run tether and titanium backup only. About a week ago my dialer app started acting strange, slow. Over the weekend it completely quit, tap it and get a brief black screen and back to home screen, so the only way to dial an number not in contacts is with voice dial. I can call from my contacts or from fast call by selecting a name. If the number is in the phone it will dial.

So far, I have deleted the app and placed it back in the phone from a virgin rom with ES filemanager and it still does the same thing. I have frozen almost all apps that have been added or upgraded in the last 3 weeks and I have disable Panda Home and booted to the stock launcher. I am at my wits end with this problem.

How can I troubleshoot this problem, in the log files on the phone, I do not see anything strange.

Please help, Thanks Matt

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones