• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Damaged AC charger

phlox

Lurker
Aug 11, 2011
Hello. Few days ago I tripped on my AC charger cable and looks like some of the pins inside microusb part (on the charger) were damaged. It still charges the phone but I'm afraid to use it because it might damage my phone or something. Should I get another charger or is it okay to use it as long as it works?

The only problem is that charging via USB port of PC is slow and it wastes lot of power if you just leave your PC on for the sake of charging only.

waist of power ? Only if you are using a laptop.

And in this case, like many other Samsung phone, the AC charger only gives 700mA vs 500mA from the computer. Not a big difference.

My HTC AC charger gives 1000mA and I cant even say if its faster than my computer USB port...

And you dont need to leave your PC "ON" btw, you can charge it while it is in "Stand By" mode.

Upvote 0
waist of power ? Only if you are using a laptop.

And in this case, like many other Samsung phone, the AC charger only gives 700mA vs 500mA from the computer. Not a big difference.

My HTC AC charger gives 1000mA and I cant even say if its faster than my computer USB port...

And you dont need to leave your PC "ON" btw, you can charge it while it is in "Stand Buy" mode.

Imagine several watts used by motherboard and Intel CPU + RAM + HDD (even in standby) got wasted just to charge a phone ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones