• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data throttling

Hi Zuben hows life on your end of the world? its summer finally here! Actually, I thoght this guy's services were cut as a result of the suit. Im surprised he still has services.

Evidently his case and his documents posted online hit a nerve with ATT where it got their further attention!

Just for the record, i dont have any problems with my att service, reception, etc. Just not happy with how they have rolled out their latest changes and forced removal of what was contracted and grandfathered.

Anxious to see how the current talks with the customer and ATT goes! Cant wait to see your latest links!!!

Upvote 0
I am also surprised he still has service. I figured if the suit didn't end them the saying "Yeah I tethered and they caught me so I lied and complained to get my way" (my words not his;)) would have ended the services, plus then they could have charged the ETF to recoup some of the money lost but I don't think they are really concerned about the amount they have lost in this case more about the example it sets for others.

Upvote 0
Me too! i really thought his days with ATT services were done for! I wonder if theres was some sort of "retaliation" type appearnce AT&T wanted to avoid or if there some legal reason they did not pull his account like immediately?

They sure are about to close it now , regardless. I have watched another newsclip where he visited a Fox News Station and he said theres' no other services in his calling are.. so, he may be up Sheesh-Crick! as far as wireless is concerned.
$850 isnt all that much . I burn through that before a year is up on my cell phone bill! LOL

Upvote 0
Hmmm, good point! they very well could get that back. One thing for sure, if he stays with ATT, he is a 'marked' customer. They will be watching his activity like a hawk.

I have to say, i had a very pleasant experience over the weekend .ATT corrected a $50 overcharge in fees, etc that showed up on my bill. Adding more sweetness to the pie, the csr told me that it may take another billing cycle before i actually see the reversal and may have to pay the bill this month up front. Then, when my online bill notice was emailed to me the next day, guess what? The charges were already reversed! Sweeeet!

Upvote 0
sorry, i know that last post is somewhat off topic, but , i cant help but imagine what type of customer service he will get going forward . If it was me, Id be so paranoid, id think they're "doing" things to my phone to make my services unbarable. then totally out of "knowing" i cant get anythign done, decide to leave.

just curious how this will finally unfold.

Upvote 0
AT&T's excuse for data throttling: You

There's a reference to a video - it's worth watching.

We were watching a golf tournament sponsored by ATT, Stephenson got interviewed, and Holy Sheeps**t. The dude is a jerk.

Yup, I heard about at$t throttling grandfathered users... This is ludicrous. It's one of the major reasons I'm dropping their home internet service, to support my mobile geeks that got stabbed in the back! Customer service is terrible anyways...

What do I fear? I hope Verizon doesn't follow suit, cuz it will spell the end of my smartphone use as far as I can see...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Now ATT is complaining that the TMO layoffs would have been prevented if the buyout had gone through!

AT&T Learned Absolutely Nothing From Failed T-Mobile Deal - Jim Cicconi Blames Deal Opponents for T-Mobile Layoffs | DSLReports.com, ISP Information

This was the fastest link I could find. It was posted in by others in Daily Rotation.

Also mentions that ATT profited from Nigerian Spam (419)calls via TTY costing taxpayers.

Sure, ATT would say something like that to make them look good XD Who knows how many thousands more would have been laid off if the deal did go through , rofl .

att's good at pointing fingers like in 2007 when they released the iphone beest on their neetwork before the network was capable to handle it, blamed apple for the network crash. Att need to start taking accountability and stop looking at other's downfalls

Upvote 0
Now ATT is complaining that the TMO layoffs would have been prevented if the buyout had gone through!

AT&T Learned Absolutely Nothing From Failed T-Mobile Deal - Jim Cicconi Blames Deal Opponents for T-Mobile Layoffs | DSLReports.com, ISP Information

This was the fastest link I could find. It was posted in by others in Daily Rotation.

Also mentions that ATT profited from Nigerian Spam (419)calls via TTY costing taxpayers.

IIRC didn't the FCC tell AT&T earlier this week they would have laid off people had the deal gone thru?

Upvote 0

I made that comment once on the attwireless forum back when they first announced this so called top 5%. The post stated that with this "imaginary line" att has amended , mid-contract, on its grandfathered unlimited customers, it gives att the right to yank our data speed at will without providing a tangible ledger or bill detail. Then I stated that it will soon be a throttle once we reach one of their tiered limits, and sure enough, here it is.

That article goes to show that att can and does change contract terms at any given time and doesnt have to wait to kick it in at a new contract signing, but midstream. It also says att now claim a spectrum shortage, where, when they were boasting and buttering up their proposal for tmo , att claimed they had an over abundance of spectrum not yet tapped into.

Totally lost faith in believing anything said or claimed from this company. Never thought id see the day.

Upvote 0
I made that comment once on the attwireless forum back when they first announced this so called top 5%. The post stated that with this "imaginary line" att has amended , mid-contract, on its grandfathered unlimited customers, it gives att the right to yank our data speed at will without providing a tangible ledger or bill detail. Then I stated that it will soon be a throttle once we reach one of their tiered limits, and sure enough, here it is.

That article goes to show that att can and does change contract terms at any given time and doesnt have to wait to kick it in at a new contract signing, but midstream. It also says att now claim a spectrum shortage, where, when they were boasting and buttering up their proposal for tmo , att claimed they had an over abundance of spectrum not yet tapped into.

Totally lost faith in believing anything said or claimed from this company. Never thought id see the day.

They have had issues with spectrum since they first got the idevice ;) the article does prove you right...and I remember you making that comment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones