• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rolo94

Lurker
Apr 12, 2011
Hi I am on the hunt for a new phone and I like the look of the Desire HD. I have read several different threads on a few forums, and it seems that the phone tends to use a lot of data. I am looking at a couple of contracts; one with unlimited data and another with 1 Gb. The difference in cost of the two contracts is 190 quid. I am new to Android phones so I am not sure if I'd over-run a gig of data. I'd go on facebook twitter etc. , browse the web, stream videos and music and send/receive the odd email. I don't think this would over run a gig but reading the other posts has made me think that it may not be enough. Advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you have wifi at home, you should be fine. If you're going mental with youtube etc over 3G, you might run into a problem.

Most I've ever used is 360MB and that was when they took the wireless router away at work. Using sensibly whilst out and about, and my homes wireless network, I use about 150MB on average.

You get apps such as Netcounter or 3G Watchdog which will monitor traffic alerting you whenever you approach your data limit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones