• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Data2Ext] Increase Internal Memory of your A75

mastermind1024

Android Expert
Oct 13, 2011
India
Data2Ext for A75

As you all know that Data2Ext is able to give huge boost to internal memory.
Till now it was working with ics rom by sagarwep only.
That script didn't work on other roms, I tested it on 2-3 roms myself.

Now, good news for you all is I have ported this script for A75 and its working perfectly.

Tested on stock rom but should work on all roms provided they have same partition table.

Working on following Roms:

1) Stock
2) BlueTerror 1.0 by aayushdutta
3) ICS 2.0 by sagarwep

How to Install (For Normal Users):

First of all, Back up your current rom

Step-1:
1) Install Link2Sd
2) Open it n create mount script for ext2
3) Reboot the device n open link2sd
4) Check whether 2nd partition is mounted (Storage info)
5) If yes, then proceed to Step-2

OR

1) Download MountScript_A75_by_Mastermind.zip from below & dump it to sdcard root
2) Reboot to recovery & Install zip from sdcard
3) Reboot system
4) Open Terminal Emulator in phone OR adb shell from PC
5) Apply command "cat /proc/mounts" & then "cat /proc/filesystems" without quotes
6) In mount command you should see "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2"
7) And in filesystems it should show ext2 at the end
8) If you get these responses then proceed to Step-2
9) If no, then open RootExplorer, Go to /data and create a folder named sdext2
10) Reboot n check again, it should mount sdext now
11) Proceed to Step-2

Step-2:
1) Download flashable zip file Data2ext_A75_by_Mastermind.zip
2) Dump that zip to root of sdcard
3) Reboot into recovery (CWM recovery)
4) Install zip from sdcard
5) When shows Install Complete, Reboot system.

Manual Method of Installation (For Advanced Users):

Get both my flashable zips n extract them.

1) First from MountScript zip,
- Get install-recovery.sh n put it in /system/etc/ and permissions to 755(rwxr-xr-x) or 777(rwxrwxrwx) and ownership to 0-root, 0-root
- Then ext2.ko module to /system/lib/modules/ n permissions rw-r--r-- & ownership to 0-root, 0-root
- Now go to /data n create a folder named sdext2
- Reboot
- Check whether 2nd partition is mounted or not.
- After successfull mounting only go to step-2

2) from Data2Ext zip,
- Get busybox_d2sd n put in /system/xbin/ n permissions rwxr-xr-x & ownership to 0-root, 2000-shell
- Get e2fsck n put in /system/bin/ n permisions to rwxr-xr-x & ownership to 0-root, 2000-shell
- Get all init.d scripts n put them in /system/etc/init.d/ n permission for all to 777 that is rwxrwxrwx & ownership to 0-root, 0-root
- Reboot

Caution:
Preferably you should flash this after a factory reset but should work without reset too.
Best work after factory reset.If u have tried script already n didn't work,n u want to giva a try again after factory reset then please remove 02data2ext script from /system/etc/init.d/ first...n ya, backup ur imp data...

Download:
1) MountScript_A75_by_Mastermind.zip (Contains mount script and ext2 module)
2) Data2ext_A75_by_Mastermind.zip (Contains data2ext script & necessary binaries)
3) Stock rom boot.img with init.d support by Mastermind

Credits:
-Lenovo A60 devs for that great ics rom with data2ext script
-Sagarwep for bringing that rom to A75
-Shahabazas for letting us know about the script
-ME for porting the script to A75 stock rom

Additional Notes:
-You may receive some force close errors on 1st boot, its normal, just give the rom some time n reboot, u will be fine.

Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns before flashing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

1) On Stock rom

data2ext.png

2) On BlueTerror 1.0 by aayushdutta

110zr4g.png

3) On ICS 2.0 by sagarwep

x6buit.png

Thanks bro for doing providing this MOD it will now make our A75 boom as no limits for apps download now. Hope it works on all ROM's did u checked it on CeltICS??? :thinking:

Yaar the thing is I can't let my phone off for more time..so changing roms often is not an option for me..I m back to so called "own modded stock" :D so didn't get chance to test it on other roms.
So I request u all to test it on other roms n let me know so I can add it to a list of working roms.Thanks.

Upvote 0
Yaar the thing is I can't let my phone off for more time..so changing roms often is not an option for me..I m back to so called "own modded stock" :D so didn't get chance to test it on other roms.
So I request u all to test it on other roms n let me know so I can add it to a list of working roms.Thanks.

Tried it on CeltICS... DINT worked so you need to MOD the scripts for CeltICS.

Reactions: kujang
Upvote 0
Data2Ext for A75

As you all know that Data2Ext is able to give huge boost to internal memory.
Till now it was working with ics rom by sagarwep only.
That script didn't work on other roms, I tested it on 2-3 roms myself.

Now, good news for you all is I have ported this script for A75 and its working perfectly.

Tested on stock rom but should work on all roms.

How to Install:

Step-1:
1) Install Link2Sd

Step-2:
1) Download flashable zip file
4) Backup your current rom (just in case)
5) Install zip from sdcard
6) When shows Install Complete, Reboot system.

Caution: Preferably you should flash this after a factory reset but should work without reset too.

Download: Data2ext_A75_by_Mastermind.zip

Credits:
-Lenovo A60 devs for that great ics rom with data2ext script
-Sagarwep for bringing that rom to A75
-Shahabazas for letting us know about the script
-ME for porting the script to A75

Additional Notes:
-You may receive some force close errors on 1st boot, its normal, just give the rom some time n reboot, u will be fine.

Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns before flashing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

data2ext.png
there is no option for creating mount script ext2 option in link2sd.

Upvote 0
How to Install:

Step-1:
1) Install Link2Sd

Step-2:

link2sd from sagarwep, or download the new one from play store?

i follow the instructioon, but nothing happened. the storage is still the same
thx :)

Upvote 0
How to Install:

Step-1:
1) Install Link2Sd

Step-2:

if u have previously 2 partition SD card they no need to downlonload link2SD only.
1. Go ur SD card by root explolar and find file 01data2ext.sh move this file in to scriptz folder found in SD card.
2..After that reboot to recovery and mount ur SD card in mount and unmount section in CWM recovery fix permission and reboot the system now and go to application/manege application see internal storage
Done...

(Note - u must have one mount script ext2 Partition and other fat32 partition both are primary. the SD card is class6 and higher otherwise u facing the system hang and force close problem in your phone)

Upvote 0
How to Install:

Step-1:
1) Install Link2Sd

Step-2:

Using a root explorer got to /system/etc/init.d/ n tell me which files u see n what are there permissions???
Permissions should be rwxrwxrwx or rwxr-xr-x, i would go for 1st one.

@saivignesh
Not tested for fat32 partition..n i don't think it will work as script has a line which makes ext partition cluster size to 4096..so modding will be required to try with fat.
N data is not lost AFAIK, i 1st tried on stock which had my all data plus link2sd already n data didn't get lost but can't say anything for sure yaar...mmx is shit.

Reactions: saivignesh
Upvote 0
if u have previously 2 partition SD card they no need to downlonload link2SD only.
1. Go ur SD card by root explolar and find file 01data2ext.sh move this file in to scriptz folder found in SD card.
2..After that reboot to recovery and mount ur SD card in mount and unmount section in CWM recovery fix permission and reboot the system now and go to application/manege application see internal storage
Done...

(Note - u must have one mount script ext2 Partition and other fat32 partition both are primary. the SD card is class6 and higher otherwise u facing the system hang and force close problem in your phone)

Dude, that works for ur ICS Port only...I have modded things to work straight from init.d keeping stock rom in mind.n its working nice,its 5 days already.

Upvote 0
Updated OP with new method of installation n mountscript flashable zip with ext2 module.
N just FYI, Link2sd is required only for creating mount script, u can safely uninstall app after all is done.So i have provided MountScripts as alternative.

Hi Mastermind... Tried your method on Jetmod3, Silverlight and also ADprogrammer 3 and it worked on none and i have followed your steps to the word.

Upvote 0
Reactions: EverWin
Upvote 0
@satecsh
@saivignesh
Guys, please elaborate little more..which part didn't work, the mountscript or data2ext part??N please u guys provide me output of "cat /proc/mtd" of ur roms on which u want to use data2ext.
N just make sure u have a boot.img that supports init.d scripts.
To make sure, download tweakz script attached in this post, remove its .txt extension n put it in /etc/init.d of ur device with Root Explorer n give all permission.Reboot the device n go to /data n see if there is a file created name JustBeatIt...if yes the ur boot.img is ok.
Or if u r using zipalign script then see in /data if zipalign.log is created.

Attachments

• 03tweakz.txt
    654 bytes · Views: 143
Upvote 0
Output of cat /proc/mtd

sh-3.2$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
sh-3.2$ cat /proc/mtd
dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 00040000 00020000 "preloader"
mtd1: 000c0000 00020000 "dsp_bl"
mtd2: 00300000 00020000 "nvram"
mtd3: 00020000 00020000 "seccnfg"
mtd4: 00060000 00020000 "uboot"
mtd5: 00600000 00020000 "boot"
mtd6: 00600000 00020000 "recovery"
mtd7: 00120000 00020000 "secstatic"
mtd8: 00060000 00020000 "misc"
mtd9: 00300000 00020000 "logo"
mtd10: 000a0000 00020000 "expdb"
mtd11: 00200000 00020000 "gionee"
mtd12: 0fa00000 00020000 "system"
mtd13: 03c00000 00020000 "cache"
mtd14: 0a820000 00020000 "userdata"
sh-3.2$

and unfortunate me :(
i couldn't see JustbeatIt file in /data

Upvote 0
Data2ext still not work
Here is the output

# cat /proc/mounts
cat /proc/mounts
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock12 /system yaffs2 rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock14 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock13 /cache yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock11 /gionee yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock7 /system/secro yaffs2 ro,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:2 /data/sdext2 ext2 rw,relatime,errors=continue 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,u
id=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset
=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relat
ime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,ioch
arset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
/dev/block/dm-0 /mnt/asec/com.wmbcaandroid-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,relati
me,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=m
ixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

# cat /proc/filesystems
cat /proc/filesystems
nodev sysfs
nodev rootfs
nodev bdev
nodev proc
nodev tmpfs
nodev sockfs
nodev pipefs
nodev anon_inodefs
nodev devpts
nodev ramfs
vfat
msdos
yaffs
yaffs2
nodev mqueue
nodev mtd_inodefs
ext2

Upvote 0
@satecsh
@saivignesh
Guys, please elaborate little more..which part didn't work, the mountscript or data2ext part??N please u guys provide me output of "cat /proc/mtd" of ur roms on which u want to use data2ext.
N just make sure u have a boot.img that supports init.d scripts.
To make sure, download tweakz script attached in this post, remove its .txt extension n put it in /etc/init.d of ur device with Root Explorer n give all permission.Reboot the device n go to /data n see if there is a file created name JustBeatIt...if yes the ur boot.img is ok.
Or if u r using zipalign script then see in /data if zipalign.log is created.
done the same but found no JustBeatIt file:( what next??

Upvote 0
To all guys who dont see JustBeatIt file in /data
I think ur boot.img does not have init.d support or 2nd thing can be u guys have not installed Busybox on ur device...
Use varun' boot.img or my boot.img from Method to Root Mmx A75 sticky thread in All-Things-Root section, I m using mine img,it also initializes ext2 module on boot, i hv busybox latest n 2nd partition of approx 1gb.

All guys who r not on stock, please don't just flash either varun's or mine boot.img because ICS by sagarwep n SilverLight are port n not modified stock so their respective developer may have changed bootclasspath in boot.img, so wrong bootpathclass will lead to softbrick or bootloop.
So get me ur respective rom's boot.img, I will check whether it has init.d support n will make necessary changes for data2ext n provide in OP.

N when u provide me outputs of cat commands please mention ur rom before it.

@kujang
Ur device has ext2 support n also mounted 2nd partition..1st check the above pre-requisites I hv mentioned, if any of them is lacking then u will not get working data2ext.n mention ur rom.I will check the script n let u know if smthin has 2 bb change,can't do it now,m on mobile.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones