• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dead thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The practical limits on the Hero are about 128 to 250 MHz for low power (idle) and 528 MHz for high power. You can achieve better battery life by setting the low limit low and using the on the demand option rather than top performance. Most cooked ROMs achieve better performance than stock by removing unwanted apps, having less apps starting at boot up and resizing the memory partitions to free up memory. That helps a lot until you have so many apps running that the memory swapping starts. That's what really bogs down the phone. Which custom ROM works best often depends on what mix of apps you like to use on a regular basis.
Sorry I have no intention of running science experiments. There are mounds of literature and forums that back what I said. If you have found different results on your Eris or Hero, then post it and you will be welcomed heartily by all of us enthusiast.
Blah blah blah, I've used SetCPU with 1.5 ROMs, and that's still not the topic. I'm have not asked for your sage wisdom, advice to achieve better battery life, explanations of cell phone architecture, or approval for entry into your secret enthusiast club. And you remain as evasive and uncooperative as ever. This has long ago become boring, and I no longer wish to continue this (non)discussion with you, or even squint to read your tiny font. Take care.

Upvote 0
any mac users out there know how to flash a custom recovery to droid eris?
all te contents found online points me to windows instructions

It's pretty much the same as Windows or linux. You just gotta install the Mac version of the Android SDK. All the commands are the same. You just may have to run the adb commands as "./adb"

Upvote 0
FYI guys: Root for those 2.1 leakers out there may be getting close. We outta know by tomorrow whether this process will work or not.

The down side? It will be dangerous. If done wrong it has the possibility of totally bricking the phone.

Anyways, I'll keep ya'll updated.

Grdlock my friend, you are the man. If you need any testers please send me a pm and I will be happy to help with the testing process.

Upvote 0
Hey sorry if someone in the 22 pages of this thread talked about this but how easy is it to root my eris. Im coming from a blackberry and was able to shrink an os and stuff along those line.
But what im looking for is a stable leak 2.1 with a nice rom, if that out yet. and instruction on how to install.
Thanks for the helping of this noob:rolleyes:

Just use the guide.

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/53963-guide-stock-1-5-latest-root-2-1-a.html

The version there "Eris 0.3" as it's referred to, is a very stable release. Everything works. Same as the leak. Google login bug. Standby time % for some people. Nothing different really too much from the Leaked 2.1.

It's as stable as it gets. Just as usable for daily use as 1.5, if you ask me.

Works great. For some Facebook contacts don't sync. That's no different than any other 2.1 ROM though. Good Luck.

Upvote 0
FYI guys: Root for those 2.1 leakers out there may be getting close. We outta know by tomorrow whether this process will work or not.

The down side? It will be dangerous. If done wrong it has the possibility of totally bricking the phone.

Anyways, I'll keep ya'll updated.

Was there no update found today? Hoping you uys found a way, but are just polishing it up ;) Even if there process failed, let us no if you can. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Grdlock I was wondering if us the ppl that updated to the early 2.1 leak should upgrade to the latest 2.1 leak I really want to root and dont want what happened last time happen again where we all jumped on the 2.1 train :( and then you guys did a great job and gained root.
Exactly my question as well... I kinda feel cheated (even though it was my own fault for being impatient) and don't want to make the same mistake twice!

Upvote 0
Yes, you leak guys can go ahead and upgrade to the new 2.1 that came out yesterday. Devs typically will be working on the latest kernel that's available.

And just an FYI since I've had a bunch of PM's about this: I'm not working on the 2.1L root personally as I don't have a 2.1L phone. I just frequent the dev rooms on IRC while I'm working on rom's/answering questions/etc, and update ya'll with stuff I see goin on. ;)

Upvote 0
One more thing to add:

If you're ever feeling testy or annoyed that something isn't working right, or that root hasn't been found for your phone yet, just remember one thing: This stuff is constantly being worked on, and it's being done by people who have full-time jobs, bills to pay, and families of their own to spend time with... and all the work that's being put into this is being done for free. So don't be mean. :) Be patient, and be polite! :)

Thank you everyone for your positive comments and feedback! They're appreciated!

Upvote 0
One more thing to add:

If you're ever feeling testy or annoyed that something isn't working right, or that root hasn't been found for your phone yet, just remember one thing: This stuff is constantly being worked on, and it's being done by people who have full-time jobs, bills to pay, and families of their own to spend time with... and all the work that's being put into this is being done for free. So don't be mean. :) Be patient, and be polite! :)

Thank you everyone for your positive comments and feedback! They're appreciated!

Added to post # 2

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones