• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Debossed Theme - Icons and Widgets

Ok... got a screenshot today. I'm using the Debossed skin with LauncherPro combined with a few of paulmz's icons and a few of my own. Thanks again for the excellent skin.

snap.png

hi folks,

is there any possibilitiy to get your contacts-icon and the menu-icon?

i need them to fulfill the collection. only i have gmail, sms and phone icon from the link above.

thank you for your efforts.

cheers.

Upvote 0
Well, I finally got a Samsung Galaxy 7" Tab (don't mock me- it's exactly the type of tab I wanted after doing a lot of research). I still love the Android7 theme on my Incredible so I haven't really touched that in well over a year (other than tweaks and improvements).

With this Galaxy Tab, I now have a blank slate to start doing themes and layouts. Starting small- mostly from a lack of time to do anything really creative. Thought I would share, anyway.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Widgets are (top to bottom - some are overlapped):

Make Your Clock Widget (Temperature, Clock/Date/Weather, Battery Percent.)

Glass Widgets (Gray Backgrounds and RSS/BBC tickers.)

Wifi Widget (I like that this single widget is both a toggle and shortcut to settings.)

Tiny Flashlight (Reskinned by me, this is the only widget that works on this tab.)

Desktop Visualizer (All Debossed text widgets.)

SMS Unread Count (With custom icon.)

Widgetsoid2.x (Toggle switches.)

Wallpaper:

Kinda boring, but I'll post more creative things in the future.

Upvote 0
I created an account to say thank you for the resources and inspiration. I'm just getting into customizing my android and I love the look of the debossed items enough that I'm learning a lot and doing a little more with it.

@paulmz, are you planning on doing a skin of your Debossed Theme for Beautiful Widgets Super Widget? They're deprecating the Home widget now, and I'd hate to lose that look.

I was unable to get the Music mod to display the debossed widgets properly, for whatever reason (I am using an LG Optimus V), so I pulled some of the icons out of that mod pack and used them to theme Media Button from the Android Market -- that widget is very easy to self-theme and it works like a charm!

I am using ADW Launcher EX and the Hard Carved theme, which goes all right if not perfectly with the debossed widgets and provides a variety of icons to choose from.

Upvote 0
Aha, I can post images now!

This is a little busy but contains all of my notifying apps, time, weather, etc. at a glance, and makes a very informative home screen dashboard.

shot_000009.png

ADWLauncher EX or ADW.Launcher with the Hand Carved Theme for icons. Stock phone (using the call icon because the green goes better with the theme), stock messages, ColorNote, and MailDroid with the Email icon set. I use gesture control for the notifier bar and the dock. I am not rooted and don't think I can theme the notifier bar without rooting, so I hide it when I'm not using it.

The control widgets paulmz kindly provided on the top.

Beautiful Widgets with paulmz's Debossed theme set for the Home and Weather widgets.

Media Buttons re-themed with icons swiped out of paulmz's modded Music player APK.

And a link to the wallpaper, from a photo of a plate:

What I'd change if I actually had image editing skills (I have some very rusty and primitive GIMP practice but nothing up to this):

• Shrink the bluetooth widget icon so it's more in keeping with the size of the other widgets.
  • Re-skin the Hand Carved theme in a Debossed look so they don't have as sharp edges and aren't colored or are more subtly colored.
  • Build a battery widget theme so I can have a circular/pie or ring debossed battery widget, very minimalistic and inset like the other widgets.

If I could actually program I would build a notifier that instead of just adding a little colored circle to the phone, message, mail, etc. icons to notify, changes their color or makes them glow. (I don't need the number count, I just need to know if I have unread stuff.)

Reactions: paulmz
Upvote 0
@paulmz, are you planning on doing a skin of your Debossed Theme for Beautiful Widgets Super Widget? They're deprecating the Home widget now, and I'd hate to lose that look.

I wasn't planning on it. I haven't had time to work on Android stuff lately. It's definitely a labor of love and there's bills to pay.

A few of my skins that don't have background images will probably eventually be transferred to the Super skin. I just really don't like the patch 9 png's- they don't work with detailed backgrounds.

I was unable to get the Music mod to display the debossed widgets properly, for whatever reason (I am using an LG Optimus V), so I pulled some of the icons out of that mod pack and used them to theme Media Button from the Android Market -- that widget is very easy to self-theme and it works like a charm!

Thanks for the tip! Good to know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones