• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Default application notification sounds

bafasbender

Lurker
Dec 3, 2019
Hi guys my first thread, I just purchased a note 10, I'm switching from a Galaxy s8. I noticed that the only options for notification sounds are the default phone notifications, I will use Facebook messenger as an example, I would like the default application messenger 'ding' as this app's notification sound. I've tried changing this in the notification settings screen all the way down to diving into the app itself under app settings and notifications. the only options for notification sounds are those that are preloaded on the phone. My work around as of now was to download Zedge to find the tones that I'm looking for. This has become a hassle and I cannot find all the tones I'm looking for! Is there any way to find the default application notification sound in the phone settings?

Welcome to Android Forums, bafasbender!
Answered my own question. Uninstalled and reinstalled the apps that I want specific sounds from, they work now.
Thanks for posting the solution that worked for you. It may come in handy for someone else who comes along with the same problem! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones