• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Delayed Texts and Voicemails

Mona B

Lurker
Apr 1, 2022
I have been getting text and voicemail delays. Texts from some individuals will come in normally. But then I will get a slew of them, some as much as a month old. It's as though they are being held, stuck on the tower.

It is becoming such a problem that it is causing me to lose business, and is affecting my livelihood - so I now have monetary damages and have cause to sue - but I'd rather just fix the problem.

Has anyone else had this issue, and successfully remedied it?

Straighttalk $55 Unlimited Plan
Verizon Towers
Moto e6 phone

I have contacted them recently over throttling issues. I don't relish contacting them again. I just figured I'd check online first.

Any time you deal with carriers that rent towers- and there are only two major carriers in the US- the rest all rent from them- there is the reality of getting throttled.

The major carriers that own the towers serve their own customers first.

Upvote 0
What are you using for texting? Google messages or something else? Maybe try Textra to see if it's any better. I had on again/off again issues so went back to trusty Textra and it's been smooth sailing for months and months now.

EDIT: it could be the phone, that's an older model running an older version of Android and is sort of bare bones. It could be struggling...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What are you using for texting? Google messages or something else? Maybe try Textra to see if it's any better. I had on again/off again issues so went back to trusty Textra and it's been smooth sailing for months and months now.

EDIT: it could be the phone, that's an older model running an older version of Android and is sort of bare bones. It could be struggling...
Love textra, been using it much better then messenger plus, I keep that one as an email I just open it up every spell or two...

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I'm sure there's been similar reports before on AF, about the apparent untimely delivery of messages with Straight Talk. Maybe you'll need to change carrier?

A search of "delay text voice mail message" on AF turns up... crickets.

A google-wide search reveals that this specific issue is occurring across all carriers... so changing carriers would not be a viable remedy.

Also... before anyone says "you get what you pay for"... I was previously with Verizon, paying hundreds of dollars a month, and was having various similar issues - so no, throwing more money at the problem, does not fix the problem... since it tends to originate from an unethical business model, not a

Phone is just about a year old.

Upvote 0
A search of "delay text voice mail message" on AF turns up... crickets.

A google-wide search reveals that this specific issue is occurring across all carriers... so changing carriers would not be a viable remedy.

Also... before anyone says "you get what you pay for"... I was previously with Verizon, paying hundreds of dollars a month, and was having various similar issues - so no, throwing more money at the problem, does not fix the problem... since it tends to originate from an unethical business model, not a

Phone is just about a year old.

So it sounds like you can't do anything then, not until the US carriers fix their stuff.

Of course this is not something I've ever had problems with myself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, first I'm ever hearing of it. Will my texts come through if texted to my phone number?
Yes it is a far complicated app though, Thom did an amazing spot on description of it a while ago he said "Well with Textra on it's own can sheild everything and have such an unquie shape to the app...." Something alongst those lines. Still it works all the time and do not delay it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones