1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Delete a song that is playing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sanosuke, Jun 23, 2013.

1. sanosuke

sanosuke Newbie

Hi folks,

I've been trying to figure this out for a bit and haven't found an app or a way to do it. Basically I'd like the option to delete the song that is currently playing from my music library. The reason is that I often put compilations with a large number of songs (many of which I don't like) onto my phone and would like to delete the songs I don't like when they are playing. I know I can go to the song list, change the song that's playing, then go back and delete the song I didn't like but this makes the process much more time consuming than just being able to select "delete'' as the song is playing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sano

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast

You can do it with default player.

Open the player and play your music. Click the little icon in the bottom right, you jump back to list. Now all you need to do is press and hold the currently playing song to invoke the pop up menu, and from that choose DELETE. It will delete the song and automatically jump to the next one.

Attached Files:

3. sanosuke

sanosuke Newbie

Good man! I swear I tried this before and wasn't able to do it but apparently I fail! Thanks for the heads up, this will solve my problem and let me separate the wheat from the chaff fairly easily.

Take care,
    Sano

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews