• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Deleting apk files to free up internal memory?

I've read somewhere that to free up some internal memory that I should go into file manager and delete any downloaded apk files. Everytime I try though it just keeps saying apk file cannot be deleted. I'm not refering to the bloatware but the apk file from apps I've downloaded from market place. Does my optimus have to be rooted to delete those? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I'm still fairly new to android phones.

You need to uninstall them properly is all. ;)

Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage Applications. Locate on this list which app you installed from the Market that you want removed and tap on it. When the new window opens, tap on the uninstall button. :)

Also remember to check the user manual that came with your phone. Just about anything you need to know can be found in there.

Reactions: geminiguy
Upvote 0
I've read somewhere that to free up some internal memory that I should go into file manager and delete any downloaded apk files

You will have to root it.

The OP is talking about deleting apps that he downloaded from the Market, not the default apps. (At least that's what he/she stated.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones