• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deleting emails from Gmail

AshleyDoyle

Jan 10, 2010
I just got my Eris yesterday and am loving it! When I first turned it on, I was able to delete emails by checking a box to the left of them (like how it looks on my computer). This way I could delete several at a time.

Now when I open my gmail, I need to open each email individually in order to delete it. Is there a way to change this?

Thanks!!

CSRuff it doesn't sound like your in GMail. The mail box icon isn't the GMail icon. Do you have a second email on your phone?

Right. I was trying the mailbox. I got the GMail icon and found the setting for allowing batch .. it was already checked. Still no boxes there to check for multiple deletes. I can do it, of course, on my computer, just not on the phone.

Upvote 0
Right. I was trying the mailbox. I got the GMail icon and found the setting for allowing batch .. it was already checked. Still no boxes there to check for multiple deletes. I can do it, of course, on my computer, just not on the phone.

Mine didn't have check boxes either....until I read this thread. I went in and unchecked the box, then backed out to my messages. Then I went back and checked the box and backed out to my messages and now I have check boxes next to each message. Maybe it will do the same for yours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones