• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dell Venue 7 (or 8) and PayPal Here

This has probably already been spoken of but this about the compatibility (if any) between an Android based Dell Venue 7 or 8 tablet and the PayPal Here card reader. There have been advancements, but I have been unable to nail anything down. My ZTE Android phone works fine with the PayPal Here card reader, but I would prefer the larger size of a 7 or 8 tablet. A call to PayPal did not help, they really didn't know...though I suppose it would be hard for PayPal to test it on all Android tablets out there. It would be more feasible for Dell to test the reader...but who knows if that will happen? Does anyone out there currently have any experience with the Dell Venue 7 or 8 and the PayPal Here CC reader? Or might you know where to look?

Well, it is official...the Android app does NOT work with the Dell Venue 7, so therefore the PayPal Here card reader will not work. Both Dell and PayPal were wrong. I could return the tablet...but I sort of like it. The Square app does work on it and I have ordered their card reader to see if it works...probably should.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones