• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire HD - Shutting down when locked

Hi i've got the same problem. My phone is the A9191 model and im running the 1.32 software. My phone first started switching off last month. I removed the SD card, battery and sim card but that didn't work. Then I tried a factory reset which worked. The phone was running fine until Easter Monday when it started to turn off again. I tried a factory reset but this time it didn't work. Then I tried removing the SD card, putting it back in and trying a factory reset and that worked. So im guessing it's something to do with the software on the phone and the SD card.

Upvote 0
Mine does this too. I've spoken to Orange and Phones4u who both told me to update the phone to Android 2.3 using the HTC website. But you can't do that. Typical fob-off response.

A workaround I found which seems to temporarily resolve the problem is to:

- Switch the phone off and remove SIM/Memory card
- Turn the phone on and allow to boot up
- Turn the phone off again
- Put SIM and memory card back in
- Turn the phone on

This seems to clear out some temporary files or processes tied to the SIM or memory card, and can get you up and running again for a few days before it happens again.

I don't know of a permanent answer, but my phone is going back to Phones4u tomorrow - I'm sick of it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones