• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire Quick Review Please

Hey just a quick review would help me as i am tryin to get my upgrade sorted today.
what i really want reviewed is about the general use and battery...
for the battery i have read plenty reviews and seen a pretty mixed audience. many have loved the phone and said that nothing is wrong with it, but again many have said that they need to charge at least once a day. and because i use my phone a lot im scared of falling into that rut.
the second review i need is about general use, i need a phone that i can text call and use a few apps when bored, but is a really expensive phone worth it as i know i will probably break it soon, will it be worth the hassle of getting it fixed all the time.

many thanks

It's a very sturdy little unit, I used to be worried about scratching the screen all the time and carried it about in a case, after watching a video on youtube of someone going to down on it with a stanley knife I don't bother now. The back is some sort of rubber/plastic hybrid and doesn't scratch either the whole thing is pretty much scratch resistent.

Upvote 0
The phone has fantastic build quality. The battery will last you just over a day when you use it a fair amount. Note this is standard for smart phones, all the others (iPhone, HD2, EVO 4G etc) perform pretty much the same. I recently got like 52 hours from mine, so it's not that bad really. I doubt you'd ever be in a situation where you'd be away from a charger for that long. It uses a microUSB port to charge anyway, which is a standard port, not a propietary one, so it's easy to find another.

The phone will easily do everything you've listed, and more.

If you have reservations about spending money on this, I recommend the HTC Legend. Basically the Desire's little brother. It's also a great phone and is cheaper, but will still do all the things you want.

Upvote 0
Had mine two weeks. Great phone. Not completely convinced by the Android OS yet - some things are a bit unstable - losing ring tones and other stuff, but nothing major. Build quality nowhere near to the HTC HD2 I gave to my son to get the Desire. However, it's nice and light and the screen is far better than HD2. My main problem is internet access. Phone keeps connecting to WiFi and telling me I'm connected and then, sometimes, nothing downloads. Spoke to HTC, O2, ISP and even Router manufacturer and no-one knows what's up. Other than these few niggles, good phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones