• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desktop sync Lotus notes calendar

theil01

Sep 12, 2009
I need to be able to sync my Lotus notes calendar and contacts with my HTC Hero. The sync must be done directly from my desktop to the phone, so what I am looking for is a one step sync. For security reasons I can not use a two step process where I sync notes to google email or other providers. It is not nescessary to sync email, only calendar and contacts. Is this possible?
Thanks for your help

Yes it is possible (with some caveats).
1. Search for ICalendar Export for Lotus Notes ( I use it on Notes V6.5). Install. This will allow you to export your selected calendar events.
2. Import your calendar events into Google Calendar. (Import from the file that you exported to in step 1).
3. Sync your google calendar with your HTC magic (automatically, or in the background, etc..)
Notes: I found some issues with repeating events. Although they show up correctly in Google Calendar, they may not show up on your HTC Magic Calendar. Not sure why. There are some workarounds.
Hope this helps.;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones