• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Desperately need help unrooting my Aria!

bored141

Lurker
Sep 29, 2011
Okay, so here's the deal. I was having huge battery problems with my Aria, and narrowed it down to a potential software problem. Out of troubleshooting and just simple curiosity, I decided to root my Aria to Cyanogenmod 7. All was well, except that the battery problem was still happening. So, I have now decided that I want to UNroot my phone back to its stock state. I know it's possible, but I am having sooooooo much trouble finding how to do it for an Aria. And it's driving me a little nuts.

I don't care that I won't be able to root again after updating the unrooted phone, that's fine. I'm just desperate to get Clockwork Mod off of my phone and go completely back to stock. Pleeeeeease help!

Okay, so I'm getting a replacement phone very soon in the mail, and my phone is rooted. I was told that since it's a power/charging problem, that the software doesn't matter, but I want to be absolutely sure I don't get charged an OOW fee.

Did some research on my own. Decided to try using Unrevoked Forever on my Aria to try and unroot it. But I'm seeing that I need to get the right PC36IMG.zip file for my Aria. I have no clue which one to get! Here's my software information:

Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Baseband Version: 47.37.35.09H_7.08.35.06
Kernel Version: 2.6.29-885f0b88
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Build Number: 1.25.502.2 CL179042 release-keys
Software Number: 1.25.502.2
Browser Version: WebKit 3.1

Look, I'm not the best at this stuff and it's much harder than I thought it would be to actually find some decent help with this issue as related to the HTC Aria. I'm desperate for someone to just explain it all in one place! :( Pleeeeeeease, I'm begging here!

Edit:
------
Here's some additional info:

Liberty PVT Ship S-ON
HBoot: 0.57.0000
Microp: 031b
Touch Panel: STN21_03
Radio: 7.08.35.06

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones