• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dev and porting help please

ok I have grown tired of cm7 and always having to turn off data and wifi just so my phone wont be dead by morning and having random reboots and what not been using cm7 3/03 for a I while now but im just gonna go ahead and make the move back to froyo for battery life and stability now what I would like is a nice froyo that looks as much like ics as possible I know ziggy and them have an froyo cream sandwich but imo its outdated and not really that well themed so don't suggest it what I have been wondering if someone with experience in froyo could port me all the themeing aspects of this rom linked below including all the system app changes and framework changes and port them into the mtdev revamp froyo rom and put it all together either into a flashable theme zip I can install ontop of mtdev revamp or a complete rom for me please

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s...W3tG3xZQtRHXp6bHZsnxEFDjJtI0zOZxcDNk1okA&dl=1

http://androidforums.com/a70-all-th...-completely-ics-themed-tweaked-much-more.html

ok I have grown tired of cm7 and always having to turn off data and wifi just so my phone wont be dead by morning and having random reboots and what not been using cm7 3/03 for a I while now but im just gonna go ahead and make the move back to froyo for battery life and stability now what I would like is a nice froyo that looks as much like ics as possible I know ziggy and them have an froyo cream sandwich but imo its outdated and not really that well themed so don't suggest it what I have been wondering if someone with experience in froyo could port me all the themeing aspects of this rom linked below including all the system app changes and framework changes and port them into the mtdev revamp froyo rom and put it all together either into a flashable theme zip I can install ontop of mtdev revamp or a complete rom for me please

http://androidforums.com/a70-all-th...-completely-ics-themed-tweaked-much-more.html

You don't ask for much, huh? And I'm not sure what you mean about FroYo's battery life vs. GB. I think if you took a poll, you would see that GB has better battery life over all.

Upvote 0
I don't think that's much to ask for I mean it would be a good time killer for someone with the knowledge and know how and I am very positive more then just me would love to have a rom like that for the triumph also my battery is always dead using cm7 man if I don't turn off data and wifi my shit is dead in like 5 hours less than if im using it.... froyo atleast has deep sleep and a working low power state while wifi is on not just the battery life differences while in use

Upvote 0
Not to be rude, but, I think a good time killer would be to learn how to do this yourself, as for battery life, cm7 is much better at least on this end. I personally just don't see the need (ok, hdmi) to run ancient froyo, but, if I were, it would be u9000 or sharpfroyo which are very nice roms.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones