• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV] BSydz Triumph X6 Port Encylopedia

BSydz

Android Expert
Mar 31, 2012
The Mitten
Whats up everybody? I am starting this thread for anybody interested in the development for the Motorola Triump, and the X6 variant FB400 phones.

This will Grow over time, so I will be reserving the first few posts and adding things as I put them together, I have a ton of other stuff to add. I figure this is a good place to start.

Good Resources:
[GUIDE] Triumph Backup/Restore through ddrescue
The Triumph Experiment Thread (CAUTION!)

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage that you may cause to your phone if you mishandle these files!

X6 ROM Files:
Each zip contains a flashable ROM zip and extracted boot.img fies. The only modifications that I made were root and busybox, I figure it would be easier to mess around in the system that way, and have a flashable zip to work with. Bluetooth will not work with the variant kernels, everything else other than data and everything associated with that should work. These are all as clean as possible, stock system and kernels, with only root and busybox installed.

Good Luck!

X6-ROM-Triumph-Patchers:
X6-ROM-Triumph-Patcher:
This is a zip I threw together to fix the capacitive button assignment, and stop the phone force closing on the GSM variant ROMs. This contains only 2 ril files from Andro-id rc3.2 (you can also use the RIL from the
hwc8850 below) and reworked keylayout files.
This will not work on the Sharp 2.3.5 ROM!
Flash in recovery after first boot.
X6-ROM-Triumph-Patcher.zip

X6-ROM-Triumph-Keylayout-Patcher:

Same as above, but just the key layouts. Mainly for the Froyo versions.
X6-ROM-Triumph-Keylayout-Patcher.zip

Gingerbread:
Cherry-Magnum-files:

Cherry-Magnum-files.zip

Spice-CSL-Mi-410-files:
Spice-CSL-Mi-410-files.zip

Wellcom-files:
Wellcom-files.zip

Sharp-235-files:
Because of the new kernel this will not boot on our phone.
Sharp-235-files.zip

Froyo:
Sharp-2.2.2-files:
Sharp-2.2.2-files.zip

Specs:

CPU:
Qualcomm MSM8655 Snapdragon

Graphics:
Adreno 205

Camera:
FIH_MT9P111
FIH_HM0356
FIH_HM0357

Sensors:
Yamaha Sensors module Yamaha Corporation
BMA150 Accelerometer Sensor Bosch Sensortec
MS-3C Magnetic Sensor
MS-3C Orientation Sensor
LTR502 Ambient Light Sensor LITEON Corporation
LTR502 Proximity Sensor

Upvote 0
This will be scattered thoughts and copied posts and PMs until I get it organized.

Differences between Cherry Magnum and Spice MI410:
After comparing all the files, the kernel, framework, libs and everything are identical, except for a few apps and the extra files listed below.

Spice-CSL-Mi-410/system/lib/cht_data.img
Spice-CSL-Mi-410/Port/Spice-CSL-Mi-410/system/lib/cht_usr.img
Spice-CSL-Mi-410/Port/Spice-CSL-Mi-410/system/lib/libhwdata.so
Spice-CSL-Mi-410/system/lib/libMvCAL.so
Spice-CSL-Mi-410/system/usr/keychars/surf_keypad.kcm.bin
Differences between Cherry Magnum and Wellcom:
After comparing all the files, the framework, libs and everything are identical, except for a few apps and the different files listed below.

Kernel:
zImage: Identical
ramdisk:
boot.img-ramdisk/init: Binary
boot.img-ramdisk/init.qcom.rc:
Magnum[HIGH] socket hdmid stream 0660 root system graphics
[/HIGH]Wellcom [HIGH] #socket hdmid stream 0660 root system graphics
user system
group system graphics
socket hdmid stream 0660 system system
[/HIGH]boot.img-ramdisk/ueventd.rc:
Magnum[HIGH] /dev/graphics/* 0660 root graphics
[/HIGH]Wellcom[HIGH] /dev/graphics/* 0660 system graphics
[/HIGH]System:
system/lib/libsrsprocessing.so
system/lib/libstagefright.so
system/lib/libwebcore.so

framework.jar:
system/framework/framework.jar.out/smali/com/android/internal/telephony/gsm/SIMRecords.smali

android.policy.jar:
system/framework/android.policy.jar.out/smali/com/android/internal/policy/impl/KeyguardViewMediator$1.smali
system/framework/android.policy.jar.out/smali/com/android/internal/policy/impl/KeyguardViewMediator$2.smali
system/framework/android.policy.jar.out/smali/com/android/internal/policy/impl/KeyguardViewMediator$3.smali
system/framework/android.policy.jar.out/smali/com/android/internal/policy/impl/KeyguardViewMediator.smali

Upvote 0
These are ports I have worked on, these are "AS-IS", meaning they may be stock or halfway worked on by me. I haven't worked on these for a while so I probably can't remember what all I might have done to them. Some are using kernels from our family of devices, but like I said I don't remember what all was done. All of these should boot but a lot of things aren't gonna work.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage that you may cause to your phone if you mishandle these files!

Cherry Magnum Kernel:

This is for the ones that don't boot, if the ROM does not boot, then boot in to recovery and flash this to see if it helps.
Cherry-Stock-Kernel.zip

hwc8850:

hwc8850_signed_071812_155158.zip
hwc8850_signed_102912_190837.zip

Upvote 0
Hey Bsydz,

With these ports how did you do the update-scripts. I remember the first time I had tried using the Sharp 2.3.5 Kernel extracted from the boot.img of your backup and receiving sh not found when I tried pushing a file my first thought was to look at the update-script but then remembered at least to my knowledge that the originals had been from an nbo and not an update.zip.

Upvote 0
Hey Bsydz,

With these ports how did you do the update-scripts. I remember the first time I had tried using the Sharp 2.3.5 Kernel extracted from the boot.img of your backup and receiving sh not found when I tried pushing a file my first thought was to look at the update-script but then remembered at least to my knowledge that the originals had been from an nbo and not an update.zip.
After extracting the nb0, I used android kitchen. It can use system.img and boot.img, and will make an update-script, and then you can choose to make it an updater-script when you build the ROM. It will not flash, so I had to edit the updater-script and use a binary from one of the other ROMs. It just makes a basic script depending on what is in the system, and I think, what API it is. I have been doing a lot of updater-script work lately, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Reactions: Chairshot215
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones